StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my vee dyno tuned on thursday and can't say enough good things about it.

a little history... I bought the bike used. it came with a power commander and a K&N filter in it. I promptly did away with the k&N and put in a stocker. The previous owner said that the bike had been dyno tuned, but the bike had a bunch of surges and dead spots in the RPM range, mostly in the lower rpms. I changed the spark plugs, air filter, and got some help from a fellow strommer for the TBS, secondaries, idle, etc. I was feeling good about how the bike was running, but it still drove me nuts when i hit the flat/lean spots. I decided to get something done.

I frequent another site called pnwriders.com and there is a guy on there that is known for his excellent dyno tunes. 2 Wheel DynoWorks

I contacted Nels and we set up a time to meet. long story short, he noticed that the bike had been tuned in the past, but the numbers looked all wrong to him. he set off to make it right. My bike was on the dyno for about an hour and after about eleven or twleve pulls, he got it about 90% right. I say 90% because he was having trouble getting a proper reading with his O2 sniffer due to the stock pipes. The bike runs a whole lot smoother now, he managed to fine another 1.5hp and another ft-lb of torque.

the bike ready to go:

Nels working his magic:

In the graph pics,you'll notice the lines graphing the HP are close to each other, but the red line has alot less dips and rises in it. it's just smoother.

He charged me $175 for this, but Nels won't leave you dissapinted. If you've been on the fence for this, give him a call. He can do Power Commander tunes, but also has a factory tuning tool for suzuki. that ,means he can tune your bike without a PCIII. I can't say enough good stuff about this experience and will continue to ride with a big grin on my face.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Did you, by chance, get a copy of the air/fuel ratio along with the hp and torque? It would be fun to see the before and after to see the improvement made in air/fuel. Please report your fuel mileage when you get a reliable number.

Thanks
Steve

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you, by chance, get a copy of the air/fuel ratio along with the hp and torque? It would be fun to see the before and after to see the improvement made in air/fuel. Please report your fuel mileage when you get a reliable number.

Thanks
Steve

no before and after in the a/f mixture. after two tanks, my mileage has actually improved. from about 36 to 39mpg. the PO had a crappy map apparently. The mileage is all commuting miles, so about half cruising at 65mph and half in stop and go traffic being HEAVY on the throttle when i see an opening. also, my bike has a 26" cee-baily windscreen, panniers, and a fat guy riding it. it isn't the most aerodynamic bike out there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts