StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2610 is on a RAM mount beside the right rear view mirror mount on the handle bar. I get quite a bit of shake on it and am sure this is not optimum for the 2610. While I'm in the winter doldrums I thought I would move it. I have been considering the u bolt ram ball between the handle bar mounts or moving it up to my Pat Walsh shelf with a bolt on ball.

Where and how have others of you mounted your GPS? What, in your opinion, works best?

TIA

Bill Wight
Twin Falls, Idaho

·
Registered
982 Posts
I use a RAM to mount a satellite radio between the bar risers. The U-bolt RAM is great because you can position your gadget in just about any position. Between the handlebars it looks clean and not bulky.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've got the RAM mount from GPSCITY and the bracket that attaches to the windshield mounts from TT (part# GPS.05.013.100); about $50. The installation puts the GPS in the center, just above the dash. It's quite stable, easy to see and affords some protection from rain; although the 2610 is supposed to be waterproof. I've had this setup for about a year and really like it.

·
Premium Member
3,735 Posts
I'm a bit different from some others in that I do not want my GPS mounted on my handlebars. Same reason I don't like headlights mounted on handlebars. That isn't necessarily where the bike is pointed ;)

I mounted my 2820 (same externally as the 2610) on the Garmin motorcycle mounting bracket on a Pat Walsh radar shelf using a couple of angle brackets from Lowes. There is still a little vibration in it, but not much at all. I really like having it mounted over the instruments so all I have to do is glance down and it's right in front of my face.

Edit ... Photos and info Here

·
Registered
636 Posts
I have my 2610 mounted with the u-bolt between the bar risers. I have no problems with vibrations having it mounted there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks folks, I have ordered a ram u-bolt mound and 1.75" double pinch bar for mounting between the handle bar clamps.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts