StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just came back from a 251 mile ride. Took four hours and 45 minutes. That includes a 10-15 minute stop for a Big Mac. Went up the NY State Thruway and into the Catskill Mountains. Mostly good roads with one stretch of 20 minutes in a 35 mph road by the reservoirs. Had to slow down through some of the towns and Ellenville which is a small city. Seat is pretty good. I stopped for lunch after 3 hours at 179 miles. Did not stop before that except to look at a map for 15 seconds. Filled up the tank 3 miles into my trip and the reserve light started flashing at about 230 miles. That will probably be awesome mileage. Considering the speeds I was doing I’m pretty amazed. The thing pulls at speed. It’s easy to all of a sudden be doing an indicated 90 to 100 mph without realizing it. I have to watch when I pass people. The thing is rock steady at speed and will make a great long distance bike. I have 1200 miles on it now. I changed the oil earlier and will be putting it in for it’s first service on Monday. If someone gets a chance check your rear brake disk and see it it’s quite warm after a ride. Mine was pretty warm and the front was stone cold. I have a feeling it might be dragging just slightly. The rear brake has a very short throw. So far no complaints. I have to go and wash the damn bugs off of it from the last few trips.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I found that my rear brake drags in one spot when I rotate the wheel during my chain lube. I will have to check the temerature the next time I go for a ride. I am going to have the dealer look at it when I bring it in for the 600 mile service. It may be a warped rotor.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That is one more reason why a center stand pays for itself.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts