StromTrooper banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few riders this weekend asked about my $25 crusie control peg.
Its from Motorcycle Adventure Products in Brisbane....phone orders only.
By the time I got to Adelaide riding from Sydney I considered it one of the most valuable items on my bike (yes after the engine, seat, etc etc)

Photon

Tip 1. Dont twist the arms of the peg sideways as you remove it, I snapped my first one, but at $25....meh.
Tip 2. My soft grip cover made it a bit tight on the tension so I tightly wrapped a few turns of elec tape over the grip cover where the peg sits, this reduced friction and made it very light to use and roll off but still doesnt move when set.

Easy to transfer to any bike !!

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
A few riders this weekend asked about my $25 crusie control peg.
Its from Motorcycle Adventure Products in Brisbane....phone orders only.
By the time I got to Adelaide riding from Sydney I considered it one of the most valuable items on my bike (yes after the engine, seat, etc etc)

Photon

Advantage - When set at cruising speed 110kmph(ish) you can still use your front brake to wipe off some speed and it doesnt effect the setting.

Tip 1. Dont twist the arms of the peg sideways as you remove it, I snapped my first one, but at $25....meh.
Tip 2. My soft grip cover made it a bit tight on the tension so it tightly wrapped a few turns of elec tape over the grip cover where the peg sits, this reduced friction and made it very light to use and roll off but still doesnt move when set.

Easy to transfer to any bike !!
I have the Vista clamp type ML-- Not sure if I would put it in the cruise control bracket but when set they do enable you to give the right hand a spell and you can still roll off easily,that one looks a bit bulky maybe.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do you like the Vista? I have heard good reviews on them.

yep throttle locks are not full auto cruise control but on those long flat roads its almost a set and forget,,, for a while at least/

My bikes right side handle bar is already full with an accessory switch mounted and barkbusters installed, so no room left next to the throttle housing to mount the Vista bar.
The photon is just long enough to reach the brake lever so it doesnt foul on the barkbuster storm handgaurds.

just another option :)

·
Registered
387 Posts
I have fitted a NEP throttle lock that I found in the shed, these are good as the dont intrude into the hand grip area like the vista and photon do.
Cheers Brian

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Do you like the Vista? I have heard good reviews on them.

yep throttle locks are not full auto cruise control but on those long flat roads its almost a set and forget,,, for a while at least/

My bikes right side handle bar is already full with an accessory switch mounted and barkbusters installed, so no room left next to the throttle housing to mount the Vista bar.
The photon is just long enough to reach the brake lever so it doesnt foul on the barkbuster storm handgaurds.

just another option :)
ML the Vista I have at maybe $35-50 depending on where purchased is a good option,it is a simple thumb operation--easy with full winter gloves--just thumb on and with a twist of the throttle it will stay set for a period-some adjustment is required on a long stretch as they tend to creep back.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
608 Posts
The design has been around for a while. Now someone's getting them made in China. I think they're fantastic. And no batteries required.

This guy made his own using a coat hanger:

and this guy just uses a couple rubber bands.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
rubber bands @ 2c that appeals to my scottish wallet, or always handy to have a bit of wire tied to the bike, never know when youll need it to make a chain link !

4 sale... one Photon 2

·
Registered
232 Posts
Go Cruise Throttle Control

Hi there fellow Stromtroopers,

I have recently started bringing the Go Cruise Throttle Controls into the country and currently have both the 7/8" and 1" units available in black.

(have not had much demand for the chrome jobbies, so I don't have those available right now.)

1" does Harleys and some metric cruisers, 7/8" for everything else.

30 second fit and works an absolute treat.

Here is a link to one on my K7 Wee.

Price is $27.00 delivered to your door anywhere in Australia by Regular Australia Post from Sydney.

If you are overseas, PM me for the total price incl. postage to your location.

PM me if you are up for one folks, you will definitely not be disappointed.

(and your right wrist will love you for it on those long rides!)

Cheers....Tony :)

·
Registered
710 Posts
I purchased a Go Cruise for my VStrom, but I found it wouldn't hold the throttle strong enough to stop it from creeping. It worked great on my KLR, so it found it's home. I settled for a NEP for the strom and have never regretted the decision. I attached it with double sided tape since I didn't want to do any drilling. It has worked flawlessly, but it will be replaced very soon with an electronic.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Also made in silver and.... chrome (just for Mr. Farkles !!) :thumbup:

throttle control order
Ordered one earlier today. Shipped today, first class mail.

Wanted to say thanks for starting the thread to the OP. It got me looking at it more carefully and thinking about it. Really seems to be the ideal thing in many ways. Easy on / off etc etc. Looking forward to getting it.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Ordered one earlier today. Shipped today, first class mail.

Wanted to say thanks for starting the thread to the OP. It got me looking at it more carefully and thinking about it. Really seems to be the ideal thing in many ways. Easy on / off etc etc. Looking forward to getting it.
No worries, I like it one for the K.I.S.S. principle, it lives in the tankbag & only gets clipped on for the longer rides or on main highways. works great :)

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just got one and i'll give it a try. I have a NEP on another bike it works great. The trick with the NEP and the Vista cruise is to make the interior hole round. I found that if the inside is not perfectly round and smooth the throttle lock has less to grab on to when engaged. So get you some sandpaper and a long 3/4" socket and stick it in and rub..
Make it nice and round and it "works a treat",
Before the sanding it would not hold well, now it's fine.. YMMV.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts