StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have both or have any experience,found a good deal on both,the Triumph is a demo with a few miles and the Vstrom abs is new at 10,999 always had a thing for Vstrom but that Triumph is quite impressive as well

·
Administrator
16,820 Posts
The first explorers up to 2013 have had allot of issues, the new 1000 has barely had a hiccup. Triumph is great to deal with I understand, and it sounds like the latest 1200 explorers are pretty solid.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The first explorers up to 2013 have had allot of issues, the new 1000 has barely had a hiccup. Triumph is great to deal with I understand, and it sounds like the latest 1200 explorers are pretty solid.

Thanks this particular one is a 1200 Explorer

·
Registered
613 Posts
I think darren42 was referring to the 2104 vstrom typo. Being a little facetious methinks.

·
Administrator
16,820 Posts
Thanks this particular one is a 1200 Explorer
Roger that, I meant the 1200 Explorers. There has been plenty of issues, so do your homework and investigating when it comes to a pre 2014 and or what recalls or repairs have been done. It is a pretty big and heavy bike, but the electronic cruise and shaft drive is awfully nice. The new Vee2 is a sweet machine, it feels much like the 650 in many ways......just allot more fun to ride. ;)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Reliability issues aside because I am biased towards Japanese motorcycles..

It's all about the motor

V-twin grunt vs Triple whine

V2 floats my boat

1 - 9 of 9 Posts