StromTrooper banner

2023 Romney Camp N Ride...May 5-7, 2023

4034 25
EDIT>>> Heads up - We're back - It is Official - there will be a Romney Camp N Ride - May 5-7, 2023
EDIT>>> The specific thread will follow in the future.
EDIT>>> If you don't already know the Camp N Ride, here's a
video.

Bottom Line Upfront - Who's up for a 2023 Romney Camp N Ride?

Yesterday I had a a chance to stop in to see Kevin, the owner of Romney Cycles. It was a great visit and when I mentioned the passing of twodogs he mentioned how much he enjoyed the people who would show up, be so respectful, and thoughtful about their time at the Camp N Ride. He has good memories of the event and the people, and would like to do another one. He's not ready to turn it into a regular thing again, but he would like to do at least one more.

We did not discuss any details or dates. He did mention he still has the showers and could reassemble them. I asked if he was good with us (wreckchecker and me) exploring the possibility of holding the event. Yes, yes he is.

So informal question at this point....anyone up for a 2023 Romney Camp N Ride?
Reactions: om28
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Can u give some of the newer members some added info? Looks like the previous ones were free camping at Romney cycles open field. Porta-johns and make shift showers provided ? Is this accurate? Cost? Or charity? Planned rides? Fri- Sun. ?

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I’m interested. Enjoyed the only one I was able to attend. Thanks, for asking.

:)

·
Until we meet again
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can u give some of the newer members some added info? Looks like the previous ones were free camping at Romney cycles open field. Porta-johns and make shift showers provided ? Is this accurate? Cost? Or charity? Planned rides? Fri- Sun. ?
Sorry, no additional information available yet. Just gauging interest. If the combined interest (Trooper, ADV, YamahaSuperTenere) is there, I will let Kevin know and we (Kevin, Wreckchecker, me) will start to nail down details.

Romney always had a strong Trooper turnout. The members here are a huge part of what made the Camp N Ride so great.

As Wreckchecker said in the other threads...
Tie Coat Suit Font Eyewear

·
Registered
686 Posts
Dirt Dad, I absolutely would be interested in Romney redux...I vote for early September instead of during April's rainy season there, lol...Romney is still a winning combination. There are lots of great rides nearby and the dinner put on by the owner's at Romney Cycles was much appreciated, as was the firewood for the firepits. They really do go the extra mile. Not least, the moneys donated to the adjacent charitable group home prove their local commitment.

For Tippy Cincy: free camping was provided by the owner's @ Romney Cycles on their large, grassy knoll. They had firepits, outdoor showers on the loading docks and port-a-lets for campers. They also had the Suzuki factory truck there the last year of the Camp 'n Ride. Great folks who take the sport of motorcycling and its adherents seriously and the Stromtrooper's who helped organize this event did a great job!

Reactions: Dirt_Dad

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
So informal question at this point....anyone up for a 2023 Romney Camp N Ride?
I would absolutely love to attend another one! Even if it is a stripped down version to keep things easier on the dealership!

·
Until we meet again
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Wreckchecker and I are scheduled to go see Kevin (owner) to discuss the level of interest expressed here and the other threads on other boards.

There will be updates when there is something worth telling everyone. Until then, please keep chiming in if you are interested...thanks.

·
Until we meet again
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
A counter argument is there are often a good number of Troopers from Canada that, in the past, have used the May date to hit both.

I'm not predicting any dates yet. But I anticipate the Canadian potential is something we will discuss.

Would appreciate all the thoughts Troopers are willing to offer. Troopers are a very important part of the event.

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
The Eastern V-Strom Rally is the weekend after Mother Day. In 2023 it is May 18 - 21.

Good luck with the Romney Camp N Ride. (y)

Rectangle Font Art Pattern Diagram

·
Until we meet again
5,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, and appreciate the date. That is the one event we don't want to overlap.

I forgot there was a specific site for the event. Now I recall visiting some event site that had photos going all the way back to my "Vee" days...are they still known as the Vee? That's where I first met and rode with V-Tom. Great memories of those events.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts