StromTrooper banner

2023 Eastern Vstrom Rally.........May 18-21, 2023 in Stecoah, NC

6196 18
If any of you are planning your vacations and/or time off for 2023, place this weekend on your calender.......May 18-21......for the 21st Annual Eastern Vstrom Rally in beautiful Stecoah, NC (just outside of Robbinsville). Headquarters for the rally will again be The Iron Horse Lodge & Campground. We had over 80 attendees this past May and it was a "hoot".......weather was near perfect with only a brief shower here and there, in different locations. Now that you have the rally date, I suggest you contact The Iron Horse and make your Room/Cabin/Bunkhouse Reservation "NOW" as they will be taken early......has been the case since COVID. Watch this thread for updates on the rally as your rally organizers have already started thinking of New Activities and Ride Destinations for next year......!!!

Rally Website for Attendees/Activities Listing/General Info......... www.easternvstromrally.com
Iron Horse Website for Lodging Information and Reservations.......... https://ironhorsenc.com
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Definitely a great trip to make and sage advice on booking now. I reserved our cabin for next year already. Can't wait to see y'all again.

Reactions: happy hooker

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
If you can't find room at Iron Horse, check AirBnB and VRBO. there's always something available in that area. :cool:

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Bluegrass..........hope to see you next May.
ZERO rally fees.........never has been, probably never will be.
Go to the Iron Horse Lodge/Campground website and snoop around.......also www.easternvstromrally.com for pics of previous events there. The Iron Horse offers us (for a camping fee to them) primative camping (including a few trees in the camping area for hammocks), semi-private cabins, full cabin rentals, bunkhouse sharing, and covered wagon "glamping". You make your Reservation with the IH, and pay them upon arrival. Hope to see you, we have a GREAT TIME each year......!!!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Ok guys... so hear me out. I went ahead and booked a room for next year and am bringing my wife. She'll relax and read and I will hang with yall. She doesn't ride wo we won't be coming 2-up. But I have two options:

1. Drive the Pilot down, tow a trailer with the bike on it (towing sucks, but at least I have my bike)
2. Drive the Pilot down, rent a bike for a couple days ($$$, Christy could ride if I got a Slingshot or 3 wheeler)
3. Drive the '85 300zx down and drive that all weekend

How much shit will I get for going on rides with yall and not actually being on a motorcycle? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha

·
Registered
4,225 Posts
Ok guys... so hear me out. I went ahead and booked a room for next year and am bringing my wife. She'll relax and read and I will hang with yall. She doesn't ride wo we won't be coming 2-up. But I have two options:

1. Drive the Pilot down, tow a trailer with the bike on it (towing sucks, but at least I have my bike)
2. Drive the Pilot down, rent a bike for a couple days ($$$, Christy could ride if I got a Slingshot or 3 wheeler)
3. Drive the '85 300zx down

How much shit will I get for going on rides with yall and not actually being on a motorcycle? :ROFLMAO:
Number 1.

·
Registered
115 Posts
wait, what color is it?
Red, definitely red. Just hope it lasts the trip. :p When I messed up my wrist and couldn't ride a few years back, I went on a ride with John in the Z and it was a lot of fun! T tops down, plus Christy would actually be able to ride with us one day. My only limitation would be dirt riding, but even then maybe I'll get wild with it. ;)

Does not matter which one you choose Brandon, we are just glad she is coming.......but..........uhhhh.........kinda scared to ask.........."what's her forum name" (considering your's......:oops:).
Sadly, not on the forum. But if she were, I bet her name would be "thanksboo1985"

I'll probably pick between #1 and #3, depending on the state of the Z in the spring. We've put a lot of work fixing a nagging electrical issue, so hopefully it is running good!

·
Premium Member
5,687 Posts
I’m a new Vstrom owner, how does this work regarding camping? Is there a rally fee? if so, does it include the camping or is that something I have to pay the host myself? Also do they allow hammocks?
Welcome. As Mark444 mentioned, no fees to attend but Iron Horse does charge for lodging (camping too). Yes, they allow hammocks and we usually have a couple each year. Check out the previous years photos on our website and I'm sure you find a few pics of them. There's also a lot of info on the Rally website, Iron Horse info, FAQs, Schedule, Attendee lists, Photos, Maps, etc.

Eastern V-Strom Rally website

Anything not covered just holler.

Rectangle Font Art Pattern Diagram

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey Bluegrass..........hope to see you next May.
ZERO rally fees.........never has been, probably never will be.
Go to the Iron Horse Lodge/Campground website and snoop around.......also www.easternvstromrally.com for pics of previous events there. The Iron Horse offers us (for a camping fee to them) primative camping (including a few trees in the camping area for hammocks), semi-private cabins, full cabin rentals, bunkhouse sharing, and covered wagon "glamping". You make your Reservation with the IH, and pay them upon arrival. Hope to see you, we have a GREAT TIME each year......!!!!
I am planning on being there, it sounds like a good time.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Welcome. As Mark444 mentioned, no fees to attend but Iron Horse does charge for lodging (camping too). Yes, they allow hammocks and we usually have a couple each year. Check out the previous years photos on our website and I'm sure you find a few pics of them. There's also a lot of info on the Rally website, Iron Horse info, FAQs, Schedule, Attendee lists, Photos, Maps, etc.

Eastern V-Strom Rally website

Anything not covered just holler.

View attachment 308928
I'm Looking forward to coming, will call the IH soon to book for camping.

·
Premium Member
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Pretty sure camping doesn’t require a reservation unless you want an electric outlet.
STCornhole is correct, as usual. Camping does NOT require a reservation........BUT......we will ask attendees that will be camping, to call the IH about a month before the event so the staff can get a head-count for food supplies and put you on their mailing list when the Menu selection is emailed out approximately 7-10 days prior to the event date.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts