StromTrooper banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well, I kinda dropped the ball on creating a new Eastern Vstrom Rally thread here, so I'll make it short and sweet. Others can chime in (i.e. pile on...!!) at will. We have the weekend of May 12 thru 15 in 2022 reserved at The Iron Horse for our Rally again in beautiful Stecoah, NC......just minutes from the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Maggie Valley. When I say "Reserved", I'm using that term "loosley" as The Iron Horse will not "HOLD" all the rooms for us anymore...... it is now First Come = First Serve on Reservations. So, if you want to be guaranteed a room, cabin, or bed in the Bunkhouse, I advise you to do so ASAP. As far as I know, tent camping there requires no reservation. They do have a few tents sites with electrical hookup (CPAP users?) which may require a reservation. We hope to see alot of new faces there in May......encourage folks on this forum to put it on their calenders to attend. And..........maybe next May we will see an influx of Crazy Canuks again like we had a few years ago......they were a Hoot, a great bunch of guys!!!
I expect the Slow Speed Race to be popular again in 2022 like it was this year. There has already been discussions (under the forum radar) of "more planned" small group rides with planning to take place prior to the Rally weekend......keep an eye open here for more details as they develop. Also, there are "whispers" of a New Social Event to take place (probably on Friday, if it happens) between 4:00PM and the Dinner Hour........name-dropping and details to follow as they develop.

Like I mentioned, I just wanted to get this event on the Forum Calender and in front of folks. I hope you all have a relaxing and family-oriented Thanksgiving with Love Ones this week........rest up, gonna get busy again after the Holidays!!

Rally Website (Stalky Tracker, Webmaster).......use this website to Register if you plan to attend: www.easternvstromrally.com
Venue/Reservations (Stecoah, NC).......contact them to reserve a bed: https://ironhorsenc.com/

·
Registered
42 Posts
Well, I kinda dropped the ball on creating a new Eastern Vstrom Rally thread here, so I'll make it short and sweet. Others can chime in (i.e. pile on...!!) at will. We have the weekend of May 12 thru 15 in 2022 reserved at The Iron Horse for our Rally again in beautiful Stecoah, NC......just minutes from the Dragon, Cherohala Skyway, Maggie Valley. When I say "Reserved", I'm using that term "loosley" as The Iron Horse will not "HOLD" all the rooms for us anymore...... it is now First Come = First Serve on Reservations. So, if you want to be guaranteed a room, cabin, or bed in the Bunkhouse, I advise you to do so ASAP. We hope to see alot of new faces there in May......encourage folks on this forum to put it on their calenders to attend. And..........maybe next May we will see an influx of Crazy Canuks again like we had a few years ago......they were a Hoot, a great bunch of guys!!!
I expect the Slow Speed Race to be popular again in 2022 like it was this year. There has already been discussions (under the forum radar) of "more planned" small group rides with planning to take place prior to the Rally weekend......keep an eye open here for more details as they develop. Also, there are "whispers" of a New Social Event to take place (probably on Friday, if it happens) between 4:00PM and the Dinner Hour........name-dropping and details to follow as they develop.

Like I mentioned, I just wanted to get this event on the Forum Calender and in front of folks. I hope you all have a relaxing and family-oriented Thanksgiving with Love Ones this week........rest up, gonna get busy again after the Holidays!!

Rally Website (Stalky Tracker, Webmaster).......use this website to Register if you plan to attend: www.easternvstromrally.com
Venue/Reservations (Stecoah, NC).......contact them to reserve a bed: https://ironhorsenc.com/

·
Registered
2014 DL1000A (Current)
109 Posts
Already planning on being there, made my room reservation back in June. I'm planning on bring my childhood friend who lives in Virginia. We started riding dirt bikes together in the late 70's and have been riding bikes ever since. Looking forward to it! If you can schedule great weather like last year I'd appreciate it.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
I would like to come to this. Sure sounds like a good time. I wouldn’t need a room I have friends in the area I could stay with.
I stayed "remote" to the Rally the first 2 times I went. For me, staying at the Iron Horse every year since and being on-site is priceless........just one idiots opinion.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If anyone has never attended, go to the Official Rally Website (www.easternvstromrally.com) and snoop around at the photos there from the last 10 years.....they don't tell the whole story but gives you an idea of the atmosphere we share.

·
Registered
5,229 Posts
Alright, I got permission to go. I'll be sleeping in my hammock. Are there plenty of trees to tie to or will I need to bring my stand down?

I look forward to meeting you all.

Andrew
There are several trees in the tent area, but hammocking has gotten popular. Might want to get there a day early, which several of us try to do. It NEVER rains the day before the Rally.

·
Premium Member
3,284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Andrew........there are a "few" trees........I would not say "plenty". Sites are not numbered (or marked in any way), first come = first serve....same with trees!!! In other words, there are NOT X amount of spaces in the camping area, just open real estate. The size of your personal "real estate" depends on the number of tent campers back there. Something attendees might consider if bringing a wife (preferably your own), GF, SO......is "glamping" in one of the Conistoga Wagons: full heat/air and power, but no water/toilets.

·
Premium Member
5,212 Posts
@Andrewlhartzell, there are usually a couple hammockers each year. Check out the photos on the website. If they aren't there PM me and I'll send you some. Also, they have excellent facilities for campers. Bathroom, showers with soap & shampoo, towels to rent, etc. They are cleaned every day.

Hope to see ya there.

Rectangle Font Art Pattern Diagram

·
Registered
188 Posts
Sure looking forward to the Rally in 2022. Sure going to miss Chase but excited to meet all the new folks that are going to attend. I am planning a few short rides to various areas for 2022 but haven't nailed down any specific routes yet. The museum ride to Maggie Valley is always popular and the slow speed race is tops for riders and spectators alike. Cheering squads are to be expected for this race.
This Rally is put on by riders for riders in one of the most scenic and challenging riding areas in this country. Come join the fun and meet some of your old friends and plan to make some new ones.
See you all at the IronHorse

·
Registered
K9 Wee
450 Posts
I am hoping to attend. Will be heading down from Minnesota (ignore Canada flag in post -- I connect through a VPN in Toronto). I plan to trailer my K9 Wee 2/3 of the way there, as I'll need to get back to Wisconsin quickly when it is over to help a friend in need.

I'll be looking for a place to park my truck and trailer on the ADV Tentspace map. I would like to ride a day into the rally from KY

·
Registered
188 Posts
I am hoping to attend. Will be heading down from Minnesota (ignore Canada flag in post -- I connect through a VPN in Toronto). I plan to trailer my K9 Wee 2/3 of the way there, as I'll need to get back to Wisconsin quickly when it is over to help a friend in need.

I'll be looking for a place to park my truck and trailer on the ADV Tentspace map. I would like to ride a day into the rally from KY
Just FYI I am in Central Ky near Lexington. You are welcome to leave your rig here if you wish. I leave early Thursday to arrive at the Rally around noon. You are welcome to ride along if you wish too, I take various routes to the Rally and usually don't make up my mind until when i leave as to which route I am taking. I am only a few miles from a great campground called the Ky Horsepark. Maybe 8 minutes from my house.

·
Registered
K9 Wee
450 Posts
Just FYI I am in Central Ky near Lexington. You are welcome to leave your rig here if you wish. I leave early Thursday to arrive at the Rally around noon. You are welcome to ride along if you wish too, I take various routes to the Rally and usually don't make up my mind until when i leave as to which route I am taking. I am only a few miles from a great campground called the Ky Horsepark. Maybe 8 minutes from my house.
Thanks for the offer. Sounds like a good plan. I'll stay in touch.

Relax and have a homebrew

Autocorrect is my new enema

1 - 19 of 19 Posts