StromTrooper banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I enjoyed your article about your recent Alaska adventure. I rode my V-strom 1000 up there in 2012, the round trip out of Denver was 8000 miles. Not a single problem with the DL. It is not an easy ride and anyone planning to do the ride needs to really do a lot of homework. Read many ride reports and watch a lot of youtube videos. Plan & Plan... Get on the bike in the rain, ride 500 miles on the Alcan in the rain, get up and do it again. We turned around at the Yukon River on our way to the Arctic Circle because of heavy rain ahead and the 'Haul Road' was getting too slick. When you are 3450 miles away from home, one direction, you have to make some smart decisions. I was finding Haul Road mud on that bike two years after that trip. It is truly an epic journey. But when you are riding on a clear morning, having just past a couple of Moose standing in a pond by the road, a bear just crossed in front of you, and Eagles are flying overhead, you just pinch yourself and say "this is real, this is real". And you are smiling inside that helmet :D

1 - 1 of 1 Posts