StromTrooper banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. I am struggling some days to find out which wire I have to use to switch abs on/off. After some research I found out that the white/yellow wire is the one I need. Have someone done it before? Is there any error code that can be written in ecu while you turn it off? Can you switch the abs on or off while you riding for example with 50km/h without any trouble? I hope someone can help.

· Registered
32 Posts
Hi,
1. Remove 20 amp ABS fuse.
2. Install flat spade type connector into fuse box .
3. the other end of the spade terminal has a crimp socket where stranded wire is attached.
4. The wire goes to in line toggle switch.
5. Other side of switch is wired to in line fuse holder
6. Other side of fuse holder goes to battery.

the stereo shops should have 2mm x 18 mm flat terminal with wire crimp on other end. These terminals are available on eBay Australia.

2020ADV

· Registered
6,163 Posts
I did the fuse bypass many years back when I got my 2014, I think I made a post about it that may help you

With the 2014 you can turn it on and off at any time, no cycling of the ignition is required

I know others have done it differently and they had cycle the ignition to reset it.

I don't know if it will be different with your bike but you can test it by removing and replacing the fuse without cycling the ignition but you will need to move or ride the bike far enough for the ABS to reset

· Registered
8 Posts
Hello everyone. I am struggling some days to find out which wire I have to use to switch abs on/off. After some research I found out that the white/yellow wire is the one I need. Have someone done it before? Is there any error code that can be written in ecu while you turn it off? Can you switch the abs on or off while you riding for example with 50km/h without any trouble? I hope someone can help.
Hi there,did you find the wire you were looking for?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi there,did you find the wire you were looking for?
Hello, I made a try by unpluging only the white/yellow wire from the connecton at the right side of the battery.The abs gone dissabled but the speedo didn't also work, so i am going to try to find the white/yellow right on the abs unit connector.I will inform you when i make the try.

· Registered
8 Posts
Hello, I made a try by unpluging only the white/yellow wire from the connecton at the right side of the battery.The abs gone dissabled but the speedo didn't also work, so i am going to try to find the white/yellow right on the abs unit connector.I will inform you when i make the try.
I will send you a pic later today .
I had a switch in my 2019 model,I took it out because I was thinking to sell it but I will put it back again because I am keeping it.

Cheers

· Registered
6,163 Posts
There are 2 power supplies, removing the wrong one will stop the Speedo too.

Pull the fuses to work out the right one

· Registered
173 Posts
I did the fuse bypass many years back when I got my 2014, I think I made a post about it that may help you

With the 2014 you can turn it on and off at any time, no cycling of the ignition is required

I know others have done it differently and they had cycle the ignition to reset it.

I don't know if it will be different with your bike but you can test it by removing and replacing the fuse without cycling the ignition but you will need to move or ride the bike far enough for the ABS to reset
After two false starts with different methods (both set error codes that stayed on when ABS was enabled again), I used Rolex's method. It works perfectly. I drilled a hole on the left side fairing above the 12v outlet and wired a 25A water-resistant toggle switch into the existing fused wire for the ABS. Now when I toggle the ABS is disabled and the ABS light goes on to show this, and when I toggle back ABS is on again with no error codes or lights. All this can be done "on the fly" without stopping for resets.

Since disabling ABS does the front wheel too I don't use this unless I'm headed down a pretty steep hill. But it sure is nice to see the hill and just hit the switch to disable ABS.

· Registered
173 Posts

· Registered
173 Posts
I would like to thank you for the info. I made a plug in wiring system and used the red/blue wire as you suggested. I works perfectly and you can turn the abs on and of in a flash. There are going to be some photos posted later
Thanks, but the thanks should really go to Rolex, it was his guidance that helped me succeed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts