StromTrooper banner

141 - 160 of 204 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Welp, the Rally is getting closer and I can't wait to attend. I joined this forum back when i purchased my V but i didn't really have much to talk about. I'm not one for lots of modifications on this bike and I already had a lot going on, but i marked the date of the rally on my calendar and I'm definitely coming. It'll be fun meeting everybody and I'd like to get in on that slow speed race if i can. I spend every single day in gridlock traffic on this bike so....I feel like i've been training my whole life that race.

Anyway, I just signed up on the website and such. I won't be staying at the lodge, but secured some other accommodations a little farther away for me and my girl. I'll be riding 2up most places unless it's a particularly hairy road and the ride is spirited. any advice for a first-time attendee is most welcome!
My advice is just show up, you cannot miss the fun, it is everywhere. We love new blood (no pun intended) so we can educate them in our superior ways. NOT!! Actually we forbid clicks and negative thoughts and we enforce those rules by making anyone caught going against those rules to listening to the (to make a long story short) stories of Bill C. Actually we love his stories. If we don't pick on you, you are doing something wrong. It appears we have a great lineup of fun rides and activities if you want to watch or participate. Look for Mark444 or Stalky Tracker (Roy) or Les (Prowler) and we will try to steer you wrong ;).

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #142 ·
I know I sound like a broken record, but "last call" to Reserve a 2021 Rally TShirt is next weekend..........I will place the order then. The cost of a shirt is a tick over $12 each with the quantity we have now. These are expected to be a "collectors edition" ten years from now.......or do what I do with mine, rip them up for shop rags.......:unsure:
Send me a PM if you want one, include size(s) and quantity.
From the previous posts above, sounds like the Slow Speed Race might have a good number of contestants this year. I'm curious to see what OMGYourSexy has in store for us with the race route?? He also mentioned First Place gets $50 cash......plus braggin rights for a year........and a trophy!! Sign-up will be at the Registration Table when you get to the Iron Horse, as usual.

·
Registered
2014 Vstrom 1000 (now deceased), 2014 Honda CB1100
8 Posts
A good thing for sure. It was one of three in the running before I bought my vstrom.
Oh, yea, its definitely a very different machine with very different strengths. The Strom, for what it is and what it costs has very very few weaknesses on the street, but my CB is just glorious (even though it arguably has more weaknesses on the street). Theres something about a big ass air cooled i4 that feels so great at every part of the Rev range, and you can't really buy them anymore. Cb1100s are still around though, usually for sale at a steal.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
From the Rally Website of Attendees, it appears we will have half-dozen or more Female riders attending this year.....which is Fantastic!!!! Some are Solo Riders while the others are Co-pilots. Makes no difference.....KUDOs to the Gals for attending!!! I do hope many of them show-off their riding prowess at the Slow Speed Race on Saturday, before the Dinner Hour (sign-up at the Registration Table when you arrive).

forrest.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
Already getting questions about a second Rally in October. You folks must really have cabin fever. Lets discuss it at the May Rally. I am always up for a ride or gathering. I have several others planned as I have indicated in other posts here. See you all soon.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #147 · (Edited)
I found these Rally Pics from 2012, or 2013, stashed away on a thumbdrive in my desk........brings back fond memories!!!
Lots of pics from the Slow Speed Race........OK, here goes:

1010.JPG

1012.JPG

1015.JPG

1034.jpg

1048.JPG

1051.JPG

1053.jpg

1055.jpg

1061.JPG

1063.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 · (Edited)
Here are the Names / quantities / sizes of the Official 2021 Eastern Vstrom Rally TShirts (not to be confused with the "unofficial" versions) that will be ordered after shut-off this weekend. If you want one, NOW is the time to get your name in there before it's too late........PM me before Sunday!!!!
Price of each shirt will be a measely $12........to be paid for and picked-up at the Rally when you Sign-in at the table.

Stalky Tracker........(2)........XL
DavidDoubleEx......(2)........M
Buck83..........(1) L & (1) M
Skew...........(1).......3XL
SkiDog........(1)........XL
BrickMouse......(2)......XL
Skeeter190......(2).......XL
Happy Hooker......(1)......2XL
Les Height.......(1)........XL
Branthopolis......(1).......XL
Clem......(1)........XL
Prowler.......(1)........L
Bill C.........(1).......XL
mark444.....(1) XL & (1) L
TopFlight......(1)......2XL
Skiman1000.......(2)......3XL
Red Ant........(1).....XL
Stromlurker......(1) 3XL & (1) M
Alek Shishkin........(1)......M
FalconFan2.........(1)........L
Mcksti2.........(1)........XL
Tom Steinmetz.......(1)......M
Motorsickle.......(1)......XL
RepoMan........(1)........L
MisterProfessionality........(2).........L
Mullerjd.......(1)........L
GAFF.........(1).......3XL
AG_Streak..........(1)........L

·
Registered
87 Posts
Hey all! Just wanted to let everyone know that I changed the rules slightly for the SSR. I upped the total number of runs to 3 (if time allows). I also decided to make putting your feet down a DQ for that run instead of dealing with time addition. All these changes are reflected in the original rules post.

Still haven't gotten my new rear shock in, so I may still be on the squishy boy this year.

Have to remember to stop for beer before I get there too! Might bring the bourbon I found under a stump in the middle of the woods. I can't get anyone else to drink it. :p

·
Premium Member
4,916 Posts
As much as I've love to attend to this, my new career change starts in two weeks. However, I might able attend to the "Winter" Rally.

Have fun and safe riding everyone!
Watch the forum for @Prowler's Winter Extravaganza Deluxe Rally. :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Came last fall and had a good time. Plan to attend in the future! My son's getting married at this time but I'll be looking for the next event. Hope you all stay safe and have a good time! And hopefully it's dry! We got SOAKED!
Our theme for all of our adventures is" It will Rain" or better known as " Rally of the Rain" Come prepared. Actually it usually rains very little during our Rally but it will rain somewhere on our adventure.

·
Premium Member
3,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #158 ·
Would love to come but not sure if I'll be allowed to cross the border down. Enjoy it all!
Yeah...........don't I know it. I was suppose to take my Dream Ride to Alaska last year (2020), then COVID hit. I doubt the borders will open until August/September.......which is almost too late in the year to be that far North (Fairbanks), with 5,000 miles home to ride from there.

We had (12) Canadians down here at the Rally in 2019.......they were a HOOT to say the least!!!!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm going to pass on the rally Iron Horse wants 45.00 I night for a campsite

141 - 160 of 204 Posts