StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 334 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Go ahead and sign-up on the Rally Website, Randy........if you do, you will be #33. OK........who is gonna be #34, 35, 36...........????

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I just checked the long range weather forecast. Sunny sky the entire weekend.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Rally T-Shirt Time.........until I can get a spreadsheet going, send me a PM that you want an "Official" Rally TShirt (vs the "unofficial" version.....offered by the Chinese) and what size you desire. I have already played around with a design/layout.......guaranteed to make you PROUD (and Smile)!! Pricing will be between $12 each (if we order 30 or more), to no more than $14 each (20-30 ordered). If you are bringing a spouse or riding buddy, and they want one, give me their name.......their size can be determined later. So now that STCornDogger has "jinxed us" by saying Sunny Weather for the rally, we will now have 3 days of rain.......and that calls for a Wet TShirt Contest....!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
I plan on attending if I can get the vaccine prior to May. It's about the only way I'd be comfortable attending, but was also pretty down about the possibility of missing again this year. TN is opening up for my phase starting next week, so I'm optimistic about being able to attend. I am hesitant to sign up to lead a ride in case something happens, but hopefully I'll be there Thurs or Fri!

I won't be on a new bike, but I'll have a new clutch basket and a 15t front sprocket (that I'm loving so far).

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Troopers..........41 people have signed up on the Rally Website (www.easternvstromrally.com), and only 3 have sent me a PM saying they want a Rally Tshirt......:whistle: The Rally is only 8 weeks away........have you made your Reservation?? Signed up on the Website?? Signed up for a Tshirt?? Prepped your bike for the coming season?? Filed your Taxes?? Cleaned out your belly-button lint?? What's in yer wallet..........nevermind, I digress.

Someone mentioned having a Slow Speed Race again this year....after an abscence of 2-3 years. Anyone want to head that up?? Just need a "ring-leader", a clipboard to record the times, someone to run a stopwatch (or use their cell phone?), and most of all, competitors.
The more we all post on this thread and talk it up, the more attendees we will get.......... (y)

·
Registered
411 Posts
I am hoping to attend, its weather dependent for me. Hopefully, Corndog didn't jinx it. I'm definitely in for dirt/gravel. And this slow speed race intrigues me. Hope to see you all in May.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Rally T-Shirt Time.........until I can get a spreadsheet going, send me a PM that you want an "Official" Rally TShirt (vs the "unofficial" version.....offered by the Chinese) and what size you desire. I have already played around with a design/layout.......guaranteed to make you PROUD (and Smile)!! Pricing will be between $12 each (if we order 30 or more), to no more than $14 each (20-30 ordered). If you are bringing a spouse or riding buddy, and they want one, give me their name.......their size can be determined later. So now that STCornDogger has "jinxed us" by saying Sunny Weather for the rally, we will now have 3 days of rain.......and that calls for a Wet TShirt Contest....!!!
I want one Rally T-shirt , size 2XL. Thanks . Pay at Rally.

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
I am hoping to attend, its weather dependent for me. Hopefully, Corndog didn't jinx it. I'm definitely in for dirt/gravel. And this slow speed race intrigues me. Hope to see you all in May.
My solution - bring rain gear, an electric vest, Bourbon, good cigars, and be prepared to give the finger to the weather.

As usual, I am coming down Wednesday when it is always sunny, 70 F, and a slight tail wind is blowing.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,590 Posts
So now that STCornDogger has "jinxed us" by saying Sunny Weather for the rally, we will now have 3 days of rain.......and that calls for a Wet TShirt Contest....!!!
Sort of glad to hear about the Wet T-Shirt contest again. But PLEASE tell last events winner, STCorndog, that while this IS a wet t-shirt contest he MUST wear SOMETHING on the bottom half of his body this year.......

·
Registered
4,721 Posts
Sort of glad to hear about the Wet T-Shirt contest again. But PLEASE tell last events winner, STCorndog, that while this IS a wet t-shirt contest he MUST wear SOMETHING on the bottom half of his body this year.......
Speedos or thong.......life is full of choices.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
If you want a TShirt at the Rally, PM me your size and quantity desired...........will be placing the shirt order approximately 3 weeks prior to the event date.

·
Premium Member
4,969 Posts
If you want a TShirt at the Rally, PM me your size and quantity desired...........will be placing the shirt order approximately 3 weeks prior to the event date.

Don't forget to get your t-shirt order in. The Rally will be here before you know it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Trying to convince my friend from work to come. A great rider and I think he'd really hit it off with everyone and enjoy the trip. Will call the IH today and see what beds/rooms are left to rent. Looking forward to seeing yall there!

Mark, can you check and see if they have a 3x TALL available? Printers rarely ever carried tall sizes, but they're getting more common. If I don't get a tall, it's plumber butt city for me.

I'm also open to organizing the slow speed race since I'm not gonna lead a ride this year. Do we still have that small ramp? Or would I need to build something? I worry about getting it down there since I'm riding the bike. I can get some chalk and a stopwatch.

·
Premium Member
3,177 Posts
Discussion Starter · #59 ·
Trying to convince my friend from work to come. A great rider and I think he'd really hit it off with everyone and enjoy the trip. Will call the IH today and see what beds/rooms are left to rent. Looking forward to seeing yall there! Visitors/friends/buddies always welcome........!!!!! But, there is a "Initiation Process" he must go thru: he must sit with Bill Clellen for 1 hour straight, listening to his stories.

Mark, can you check and see if they have a 3x TALL available? Printers rarely ever carried tall sizes, but they're getting more common. If I don't get a tall, it's plumber butt city for me. I will check with Custom Ink.

I'm also open to organizing the slow speed race since I'm not gonna lead a ride this year. Do we still have that small ramp? Or would I need to build something? I worry about getting it down there since I'm riding the bike. I can get some chalk and a stopwatch. That is GREAT Brandon!!!!.......sign me up (riding your bike!!)....jk. We have not used the ramp in a few years, it was located in the barn where John/Charlene kept their motorhome, prior to selling the estate......I will most likely be bringing my truck/van and can build/bring another one. Send me your ideas on dimensions in a PM??

·
Registered
93 Posts
I dont know, John may ENJOY that. He's a storyteller himself.

You think a ramp would make it too risky? I realize if you have to put your feet down while on it, even a few extra inches might cause a fall. Honestly, I'm happy to just chalk out a windy path. I thought maybe we give the entrants two or three tries depending on how many want to try, and we keep their best time.

Reactions: happy hooker
41 - 60 of 334 Posts