StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it true there will be no V-Strom 1000 for 2020? I read an article about the DR BIG. I’ve never heard of it till now but sounds like it was quite the bike late 80s-early 90s. Article said the DR BIG will be a Vstrom 1000 with a different name.

Anyone ever ride an original DR BIG? They sounded pretty cool from the article.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
What I am hearing from friends and family in Europe is that Euro 5 killed it, along with my VFRX and quite a few other models.

·
Super Moderator
16,874 Posts
What I am hearing from friends and family in Europe is that Euro 5 killed it, along with my VFRX and quite a few other models.
Sounds like an all new engine is likely coming in the next rendition, hopefully throttle by wire and cruise control as well. :smile2: Honda is really putting a lot of eggs in the basket for the Africa Twin, must say I like what I am hearing.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
Sounds like an all new engine is likely coming in the next rendition, hopefully throttle by wire and cruise control as well. :smile2: Honda is really putting a lot of eggs in the basket for the Africa Twin, must say I like what I am hearing.
They made some motor changes, hopefully it runs better. The current version is kind of sluggish. They cut some weight, added some gadgets, we will see.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know right now I like that the vstrom is a little less equipped than some of the other ADV bikes. Not less quality but just less factory installed accessories. Keeps purchase cost down and lets me add what I want. Eg. Hand warmers and cruise. 2 things I don’t want so why pay for them? That’s just my thought.

·
Registered
254 Posts
yeah Africa Twin 2020 really go full throttle this time, all the improvements I wished for when they launched first one.
Unfortunately they went overboard with silly features and price, stepping into GS territory. I hope new Suzuki Big will be
more suited for regular adventurer...

·
Super Moderator
5,176 Posts
Is it true there will be no V-Strom 1000 for 2020? I read an article about the DR BIG.
As has been discussed elsewhere the DR Big rumour was the result of an independent design studio releasing a "what if" drawing - as they have done to dozens of other classic and modern motorcycles. Check out Oberdan Bezzi's DR Big design and dozens of other interpretations here https://www.behance.net/gallery/42223679/SUZUKI-DR-BIG-1200-S

For sure, one day Suzuki may reintroduce the DR Big......

·
Vendor
4,692 Posts
There was also the patent that followed the Ducati Mono lead. A single cylinder that mimics a 90 degree v-twin with a balancing arm.

So there may be a new DR Big, but no concrete information. Jut the spy pics in the other thread. i would hate to have to sell my Vee2. I've got just about perfect for me.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
There was also the patent that followed the Ducati Mono lead. A single cylinder that mimics a 90 degree v-twin with a balancing arm.

So there may be a new DR Big, but no concrete information. Jut the spy pics in the other thread. i would hate to have to sell my Vee2. I've got just about perfect for me.
Why sell, I have decided no more selling no matter what, just keep the family growing.

·
Vendor
4,692 Posts
That is a good point. I really miss my 2005 DL650. But, I really only need one daily rider and if I add to the "collection" it will probably be a classic like a Norton Commando, Suzuki T500, etc.

Any decision of that sort is purely theoretical at this point though.

·
Registered
3,884 Posts
That is a good point. I really miss my 2005 DL650. But, I really only need one daily rider and if I add to the "collection" it will probably be a classic like a Norton Commando, Suzuki T500, etc.

Any decision of that sort is purely theoretical at this point though.
I would love to find another 1976 MT250 still in the crate. I would be all over that thing in a NY second.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Restorations are lots of work . You gotta love it to do it.
I'm with Davein NC . I gotta quit selling. I usually miss what I sold and go buy another one AND PAY TAXES AGAIN.
I'm with DaveinNC again. In the 70's I had 2 Huskys , an Ossa Pioneer , a Hodaka Thunderdog SL250 .....but my BEST enduro bike
was my 76 Honda MT 250. (The Ossa was the worst . It never finished an enduro)
A new 2018 DL1000 is on sale for $7999.00 . I'm gonna keep my current bikes and get another DL1000 and KEEP IT.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts