StromTrooper banner

1121 - 1124 of 1124 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
You are going to feel every vibration with that concrete seat they put on. I have an Airhawk and it makes the seat more comfortable with reduced vibration.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Isn't there a tension adjustment that can be done at the upper mount through bolt that will dampen vibration?

·
Administrator
13,736 Posts
Isn't there a tension adjustment that can be done at the upper mount through bolt that will dampen vibration?
No. There are 4 bolts that go through. Spacer and can't see that anything there is designed to dampen vibration..

I haven't noticed any hi-frequency vibrations with stock seat of my Russell Day Long. There are vibrations of course but more a matter of feeling the firing impulses at lower revs and normal 1,000cc vibrations at higher revs.

..Tom

·
Registered
6 Posts
I haven't noticed any vibrations on this bike at all, minus the basic running of an engine that is normal. In fact, that was my main concern and asking for a test ride prior to purchase.

On another note, I don't like the AirHawk and went with a bead rider for the seat. Much better for me. PM if you want to buy a barely used AirHawk!

1121 - 1124 of 1124 Posts