StromTrooper banner

821 - 840 of 940 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Not sure why you guys are getting wound up by the secondary air pump, or possible EGR or charcoal canisters.... We have those on cars and they almost never fail.

Matter of fact I just replaced an EGR on a 2001 MB E55 AMG.....at 269k miles. It was the original unit. And the EGR solenoid is literally right next to the hard pipe that routes the exhaust back into intake, plus its cramped in the back of tne engine bay, so it is well and truly baked in heat. Took this long to break down.

Chances are, something similar to that on bikes will be also just as long lasting.

·
Registered
549 Posts
If a company wants to sell a product it has to meet all the applicable standards in force in the area when it is marketed. Its just a fact of life. We went through this in the auto industry for decades as the rules kept changing and the emissions laws got more stringent over time. If Suzuki, or anyone else, wants to sell new machines they have to follow the rules. Sometimes that means tacking on unsightly parts. But, I will wait and see what the final product looks like in my area before I get all excited.
Some people really blow things up. On the Acura forum some of the people were ranting about how they would NEVER buy another Acura RDX because it didn't have LED turn signals on the rear. They were outraged! Why even Kia had LED turn signals! OK, you have the best value in its class with the best resale value by far but you will not buy it due to not having LED turn signal bulbs in the rear. Makes sense.......to an idiot maybe! If Suzuki has to add on a piece to meet standards they have to do it. If you don't like it...buy something else or take it off. Simple.

·
Registered
663 Posts
CANADA INFO
Stopped by the Supershow today at the International center by Toronto’s airport; a bit disappointed the 1050 was not there. Apparently Canada has 3 show bikes but these are in Calgary and will be available at the manufacturers show in Toronto late winter. there was a manufacturers rep there however. Canada won’t get the ADV model that will be available in the US. The Canadian website is difficult to read but the rep gave me a photocopied info sheet stating differences between the 1050a and 1050XT.
Only way to get manual adjustable windscreen height, handguards, centerstand, CRUISE CONTROL, all the electronic nannies, adjustable seat height, engine undercover, accessory bar (crash bars), 12Volt outlet (usb comes standard on all models) standard is to get the XT model (wire wheels), in Canada available in black, red/white and yellow. Side or top cases and heated grips are an optional extra. He suggested that Canadian availability should be in May. The 1050a is available in black, black/white and grey. Apparently there are a number of pre orders for the xt with red/white being the most popular colour.
in Canada XT costs $16,099. , 1050a costs $14,399.

·
Super Moderator
13,091 Posts
nuke - Thanks for the update. Any idea if the 1050 will be at the Vancouver show later this month?
I passed on earlier the following information RE where the DL1050 (prototypes) will be displayed in Canadian bike shows. Key is MMIC shows:

"All the shows Tom including Toronto. We attend the six major shows across Canada that are promoted by MMIC in Toronto that’s Feb. 21st to 23rd."

..Tom

·
Registered
26 Posts
I passed on earlier the following information RE where the DL1050 (prototypes) will be displayed in Canadian bike shows. Key is MMIC shows:

"All the shows Tom including Toronto. We attend the six major shows across Canada that are promoted by MMIC in Toronto that’s Feb. 21st to 23rd."

..Tom
Ahh, looks like a yes. Thanks Tom.

·
Registered
473 Posts
CANADA INFO
The Canadian website is difficult to read but the rep gave me a photocopied info sheet stating differences between the 1050a and 1050XT.
Only way to get manual adjustable windscreen height, handguards, centerstand, CRUISE CONTROL, all the electronic nannies, adjustable seat height, engine undercover, accessory bar (crash bars), 12Volt outlet (usb comes standard on all models) standard is to get the XT model (wire wheels), in Canada available in black, red/white and yellow. Side or top cases and heated grips are an optional extra. He suggested that Canadian availability should be in May. The 1050a is available in black, black/white and grey. Apparently there are a number of pre orders for the xt with red/white being the most popular colour.
in Canada XT costs $16,099. , 1050a costs $14,399.
My just-updated currency converter shows $16,099 CAD at $12,094 USD.
Suzuki US has the 1050 at $13,399, 1050XT $14799 1050 XT Adventure $16,999, plus $395 destination for all.
Somewhere, the XT picked up $2,705 USD crossing the boarder.

·
Registered
663 Posts
Unsure what Canadian destination fees will be but don’t forget we also have 13% HST tax added in Ontario.
The bikes maybe equipped differently? We don’t get heated grips on our XT’s.

·
Super Moderator
13,091 Posts
Unsure what Canadian destination fees will be but don’t forget we also have 13% HST tax added in Ontario.
The bikes maybe equipped differently? We don’t get heated grips on our XT’s.
And while it may be an accidental omission their is no mention of cruise on the Canadian website. (At least last time I looked.)

..Tom

·
Registered
663 Posts
The site has omissions, Tom. Factory rep confirmed only way to get cruise is with the XT model in Canada which also includes a bunch of electronic nannies, confirmed by the printed spec sheet he gave me. I may see if I can post the sheet in a couple of days..Ken

·
Super Moderator
16,234 Posts
The site has omissions, Tom. Factory rep confirmed only way to get cruise is with the XT model in Canada which also includes a bunch of electronic nannies, confirmed by the printed spec sheet he gave me. I may see if I can post the sheet in a couple of days..Ken
I have little doubt the cruise control can be ordered/installed by us for the other 1000 trims, now that they are ride by wire I'd imagine it's a pretty simple plug and play kit with extra switchgear. If not.....Suzuki will be getting a lot of calls to corporate with complaints, but they don't always do things which obviously makes sense for the consumers.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I wonder if that is the case? Lots of electrical nannies only on the XT and I noticed only the XT has the controller area network (interconnected information network instead of standard wiring) , think this is similar to BMW’s CANBUS, but again only on the XT.

·
Super Moderator
13,091 Posts
Tom

Cruise control is confirmed on the XT
I want to say hurray but notice that there is no XT listed on the Canadian Website. Only A and XA models. Neither is listed as having the LED's either.

Hope its just misprint on the website.

..Tom

·
Registered
473 Posts
Anyone see it at the Dallas IMS?

I have 3 weeks left until it shows up nort here at the MSP IMS.
Looks like Yamaha will be back (Mpls) this year too, after a two year hiatus, according to Yamaha's website. Hope some others return- kinda slim last year.

821 - 840 of 940 Posts