StromTrooper banner

301 - 313 of 313 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #301
Oh yes, each year we have "Hammockers". There are a few trees in the primative camping area to use. On a different note: those Conastoga Wagons are really not a bad deal at $99 per night if a couple wanted to stay there comfortably (and were not "campers"). They have air/heat/electricty........might be kinda fun just to tell your buddies you and your wife/GF/Mistress stayed in one.....I compare to it staying in one of those Treehouse Units shown on the internet.
BIG "Thankyou" to Eric (EZ-E) for his Patagonia Presentation......the guy has been places!!

The 2020 Rally is in the books......looking forward to (hopefully) a much better year in 2021. Everyone stay safe.......riding and the covid thang........make your plans for May at The Iron Horse.

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
Has anyone done a hammock camp there? It's hard to tell from the site pictures if it would work.
Yes. We have had one or two hammocker's the last few years. I'll look through my pics and see if have any good shots. Might want to get there early to pick your trees. :)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Oh yes, each year we have "Hammockers". There are a few trees in the primative camping area to use.
Well that's good news. While I missed everyone out there last weekend I was at Tellico. So for the whole weekend, 1150 miles of fuel, one meal out, and some drinks cost me just a little over $100 total. I'm not spending that a night on lodging ;). After being a tent camper for 3 decades I've discovered I sleep much better off the ground than I ever did on it.

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
Has anyone done a hammock camp there? It's hard to tell from the site pictures if it would work.
Yes. We have had one or two hammocker's the last few years. I'll look through my pics and see if have any good shots. Might want to get there early to pick your trees. :)
I found a few pics of hammocker's>

YMMV

·
Registered
25 Posts
dang...missed it

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #308
ya, I'm sorry I missed you guys this year. I just couldn't take the chance that any of you guys were infected!😷 I missed the morning 🥓 and yakking with Bill!
Missed you too, Rich........I had something "special" to give you. Ha ha......guess it will wait until May?? Bill ended up going home Friday morning after his FI Light came on, and then his bike would not turn over 1-2 times. He did make it home OK, tho. He was keeping his distance from everyone as well. Guess you saw his shirt.....(go to the rally website.... www.easternvstromrally.com): it said "Sons of Arthritis" on the front......."Piss & Moan Chapter" on the back. He loved it.

·
Registered
33 Posts
ya, I'm sorry I missed you guys this year. I just couldn't take the chance that any of you guys were infected!😷 I missed the morning 🥓 and yakking with Bill!
Sad you didn't make it down,, but the weather was nice . Had my chair strapped to my bike but I did go up to the Gap and watched the show. I guess we'll see you in May . Keep all the snow up yonder this winter. I don't need any slippery stuff down here this winter. See ya later.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
4,549 Posts
Ok, those of you wanting a copy of the group photos the downloads have been posted on the website under Photos. Depending on your browser, after clicking download, you may have to right click and then "save image" or "save picture".

Three resolutions are available for each.

If you need something else, scroll down to "Contact Us" and let me know.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Mark,

You got enough room to pitch some tents in your back yard if the 2 of us decide to ride to Birmingham? In our haste to beat the rain home we never did stop to check out barbers

Lol

301 - 313 of 313 Posts