StromTrooper banner

281 - 300 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Made it home about 4:30 today . Lots of rain in North Georgia. Then some when I rolled into "Bama. Had a great time Visiting everybody and enjoyed critiquing others trailer backing procedures. ( HA-Ha) We'll have to have cards made up with numbers so we can judge them like at the Olympics. . Until next May , Everyone be safe, or at least try.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wonderful ride Sunday! It stopped raining on the way home so I Made some tea and waited for it to kick up again. Sadly after Athens it petered out but I had plenty riding wet the day before.

May is right around the corner. Looking forward.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I did learn that Harleys on the Dragon are no problems at all.

It is Subarus on the Blue Ridge Parkway. They suck. The closer the color is to shit brown or moss green the slower they go. They must all be driven by golden retreivers that do not know what a turn-out is for.

My cat would have been passing every dam golden retriever on the Parkway with a stolen Ural.

·
Premium Member
3,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
The numbers are in..............

1. We had 45 - 55 attendees (I believe)........probably a dozen of those were First-Timers (and hopefully not Last-Timers).
2. NO casulties..........that I know of..........excluding one bent-up EZ UP Frame due to the rain/wind Saturday Night. We did suffer two bikes showing their "Fuel Injection" lights coming on, no idea why..........and one dead battery (requiring a replacement from Robbinsville).
3. The "Rally Flea Market" seemed to be a "Hit"........I know I scored some VERY CHEAP items from AG_Streak's pile-o-parts that he brought to sale. I actually sold a New Cortech Orange Jacket to a Harley Rider there that was leaving for Biketoberfest. He said all he had was a leather jacket.....and it weighed 80lbs after getting soaking wet!!
4. Eric gave a great Video Presentation of his recent ride down to Patagonia, Argentina (or is it Chili...???). He also just finished a ride on the BDR on the eastern part of the US. That guy gets around....!!!!
5. The Group Photo should be coming out soon..........Stalky Tracker does not get back home until today (Wisconsin)......give him a few days to re-coup. Stalky works on the Rally website year round, quietly behind the scenes......he is a great asset to this forum (and the rally program). He reminds me of the Great Oz.....you never really see him, he's always behind a curtain pulling levers and switches, but he grants wishes and gets thing done!!! Thank you Roy....!!!

I did not take a single picture while there.........counting on you guys to post them up here (and Stalky will probably put yours on the rally website).

445 (I gained 5 lbs this past weekend. No lie. I blame it on the Iron horse)

·
Registered
127 Posts
Sorry I missed seeing you folks. Though I did spot at least a few stroms on 129 as we went through around 4:20 on Saturday.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I did learn that Harleys on the Dragon are no problems at all.

It is Subarus on the Blue Ridge Parkway. They suck. The closer the color is to shit brown or moss green the slower they go. They must all be driven by golden retreivers that do not know what a turn-out is for.

My cat would have been passing every dam golden retriever on the Parkway with a stolen Ural.
And the more bumper stickers the slower they are.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
298 Posts
Congratulations, Troopers. Sounds like a good time and turn out.
Any ADV riding? (Trail 81/82 Python?) (Black Bear?) (Double Bald Route?) (Snow Bird Route?)
No!, :cautious:
Museums, Water Fall, Dragon Gap Store, Cherohala Skyway. It's all good.:)

·
Registered
106 Posts
Made it back to Gulf Breeze FL about 1930 yesterday, call me a wuss, but was kinda glad I wasn't riding back with all the rain storms from hurricane Delta. Truck and trailer worked out good this trip. Im planning on riding up next May, we'll see. Reservation made.
Good ride down the Blue Ridge Parkway and 28 on Friday after the dead battery incident, Thanks again to Happy Hooker for the jump start and the old farts for all the sage advice :)
I enjoyed the ride to the museum in the rain Saturday, good test for my rain gear... worked pretty well, lots of cool and interesting stuff to look at there! Bruce Shadow went trout fishing Saturday and scored 5 or 6 Rainbow, 3 would have been keepers, would have like to had some Trout almondine, maybe another time.
The Patagonia presentation by Eric was very good. Those trips inspire me to want to do some long distance rides. Thanks to David DoublEX for the StatMount phone holder, mounted it today and I think it may work out pretty well on the Strom, going to refurb the Xgrip for the DRZ. Enjoyed the IH and the food was good, Prime Rib was the best meal in my humble opinion. I hope to be a regular at this event from now on, good meeting some new guys and seeing everyone from last year. Thanks to Mark, Roy and Wes for their work putting this together!
Safe Travels guys! Look forward to next year. Pics to follow...
JP

·
Registered
33 Posts
Got home noon Monday. Already have everything washed and dried out and put away. 1660 miles round trip and no problems with bike or trailer. Had a great time and thanks to all there that made it so, especially Mark, Wes, Roy, and Ironhorse!

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Home.

Arrived about dinner time today (Tuesday). Some rain Sunday and lots of brutal winds Monday afternoon with the rain and just wind today.

Had a great time and starting to think about May.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I enjoyed seeing everyone. It was great to catch with those I have met before and meeting some new people as well. Thanks to all who help make this happen!

Information on riding Patagonia can be found at: www.motopatagonia.com Daniel has some fun new posts on Instagram. Braaapppp

On my blog (ez-e-adventure.com), I have information about

See you next year... (or come ride with Atlanta ADV Riders)
ez-e (Eric)

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
First a big thanks to @mark444 for all he does for the Rally, year after year. Also thanks to @Buck83 for his work on the t-shirts and decals, Ag_streak (from Adv Rider) for the decals and Suzuki swag, and of course @Prowler our MC. And thank you to @ez-e for great presentations the last couple of years.

Rally photos are now posted on the website. Click on "Photos" on the home page and then the correct year.

Will work on setting up a download page for some of the group photos over the next day or two for those interested. Will post here when it's ready.

Hope to see ya all next year in May.

281 - 300 of 313 Posts