StromTrooper banner

261 - 280 of 313 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Think we are heading back south Thursday morning to beet the storm coming in. Mark if you get here before we leave we'll get with you on our shirts them. I'm kinda really bummed out about having to leave and cut this epic vacation short, but we need to be back home incase hurricane delta changes course. The wives are home alone.

Jg and Duane Carpenter

·
Premium Member
3,013 Posts
Discussion Starter #262
Completely understand..........there will be other rallys. We can square up on the shirts sooner or later.........that's not a worry here.

·
Registered
704 Posts
Got my tires back on tonight and cleaned the chain and re-lubed. Test ride and all things work as they should. I'll be leaving at 6am as well. Taking long way to IH so I'll be there sometime right before dinner hour.

Reactions: happy hooker

·
Registered
9 Posts
Had some family stuff pop up that will prevent me from making it all weekend. I'm halfway local though so I might just ride out for the day tomorrow.

·
Registered
124 Posts
RALLY TROOPERS, sorry we had to pull up stakes early this morning and head back to the gulf coast. We pulled 8 1/2 hours of riding, turn and burn down the super slabs and made it home about 4:30 pm this morning. We had small rain coming through Hardinsburg MS about 30 minutes fro. Home. But we made it safe and sound.

Mark, if you don't sell our shirts ill send you the money and an address to get them to us. Also I'd love to have a couple of 2020 RALLY stickers if ya have any left.

7 days and 2000 miles on our Wee's not a bad vacation. It was worth every second we were riding. Again the area was beautiful and leaves changing was in the progress.ill post pictures that we took and a few videos of the blue ridge parkway and corner carving with the Wee's. Couple of 50+ ers ripping the Cheraholha and the dragon. Lol

Awesome riding and awesome vacation! Best time of my life!

·
Registered
84 Posts
@mark444 we pulled up stakes this morning. We considered staying another day for the museum trip but we were looking at Saturday and Sunday weather and felt it was best to head home a day early. We left at 5am and got SOAKED before we could even get out of the mountains. Sorry for jilting you guys in the middle of the night. We had a good time and it was good to meet many of you. I've learned a little bit about rain preparation this week!

·
Registered
85 Posts
If any tent campers don't want to get drenched tonight, I still have an extra bed in my room. I think I'm the youngest rider here if anyone looks for me. Will be hanging around the lodge this evening and wearing a black hat.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
Couldn't make it down this year. :(

Looks wet too? Damn. (n)

·
Registered
704 Posts
Made it home. Just under 900 miles for the weekend. What a great time! A little bit of rain didn't dampen (teehee) Saturdays fun one bit. I was very happy to have missed the rain all the way back home. Can't wait for May!!!

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
I made it back safe and sound. The ride out through the Dragon with the pavement wet and covered in leaves was not very fun for me. Maybe having more than 5 hours sleep Saturday night might have helped. I was glad to get out of there to better roads. I had good weather until I didn't, but only rode in rain for about an hour. By the time I made it within a hour or so from the house the sun came out and dried me off.

The weekend was a blast as always. I rode Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday and stayed dry. By the time Saturday rolled around I was ready for a day off the bike.

Thanks Roy, Mark, and Les. Mark even let me ride his old-school Kawasaki 1200 sport bike......what a hoot!

·
Registered
156 Posts
I also made it home around 12:30pm today. STCorndog I can relate to the wet leaves on the Dragon. Even slowed me down a bit. Unfortunately I hit rain almost the whole way, heavy near the big mountain with lots of wind above Lexington.
I hope everyone had as much fun as I did. Didn't ride much but I just needed a break and some down time. We are already making some new plans for next May 20-23rd. Plan to attend for a great time. Rain sure didn't ruin our good time in the Smokies this year. As Mark444 says "It will rain". He was very correct this year. Thanks to my buddies Mark and Roy for all the prep work and helping things go very smooth.
I am already anticipating next year. Ride safe my friends.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Great trip even if it was a wet one. My weather home to Huntsville was actually quite fair. Some rain here and there but nothing too bad.
Had a great time as usual!

Hoping that next year is dry. I want to take the corners more like a real rider instead of... nah I'll keep my mouth shut.

I wouldn't mind some bigger plans for riding next year. I'll see if I can come up with something.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

261 - 280 of 313 Posts