StromTrooper banner

181 - 200 of 327 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,675 Posts
Signed up on website....thought I had already done this. So, up to 45 now.
Did we miss you Corndog? Sorry. :(

We'll get you added.

·
Registered
480 Posts
Not sure the order will be open...I think I am out...Probably all the Canadians will not attend...sigh...

·
Registered
292 Posts
Didn't see my name on the attendee list (signed up for spring) so I signed up again... Planning to tent camp. I had initially also put myself on the T-Shirt list.. Can anyone tell me if I'm still on that list?

~Mark

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #188 (Edited)
Didn't see my name on the attendee list (signed up for spring) so I signed up again... Planning to tent camp. I had initially also put myself on the T-Shirt list.. Can anyone tell me if I'm still on that list?
~Mark
Yepper.........we got you down for an XL Tshirt. Don't worry too much about the Attendee Listing....it's just there to give us an idea of who is coming. Now the TShirt Listing..... a different story. Anyone else wondering about the TShirt Listing can PM me or Buck83.........Buck is ordering them, so make him your first choice.

Door Prizes........when you sign-in at The Iron Horse the weekend of the rally, you will receive one Raffle Ticket to fill out and place in the Raffle Box. As Stalky Tracker has mentioned in a few posts earlier, the Iron Horse "should" be contacting you 1 week prior to the event to get your Menu Selections ahead of time. Make sure they have your email addy to do so. Tent Campers need no "reservations" to tent camp, but The IH does need your email addy if you plan on eating there.

Interested in the Wheels thru Time Motorcycle Museum in Maggie Valley?? If so, PM me.....we are attempting to get a Group Ride over either Friday or Saturday.
UPDATE: 3 folks signed-up so far for the Museum Ride...….PM me if interested!!

·
Registered
4,315 Posts
I don't think anybody forgot to add me, I think I just forgot to pencil myself in.

Is anybody going down early?

If the weather looks good (read dry), I am thinking of riding down Wednesday and doing a nice ride on Thursday.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I don't think anybody forgot to add me, I think I just forgot to pencil myself in.

If the weather looks good (read dry), I am thinking of riding down Wednesday and doing a nice ride on Thursday.
I'll be there Wednesday afternoon .

·
Registered
161 Posts
2020 Eastern Vstrom Rally......May 14-May 17, 2020

Guess it's time again to start planning (or, at least dreaming??) about next year's 18th Annual Eastern Vstrom Rally/Gathering. As of this posting, the Venue will again be The Iron Horse Campground/Lodge in Stecoah, NC ……...just like the previous dozen or so years. Last year, we saw (and met) the New Owners of The Iron Horse.....along with some facility changes from previous years. Some changes were viewed as "positive", some were not well received. "Change", in itself, may not always be received as a "good thing"...….but is almost inevitable in today's world. Rates will probably be a tad higher than last year's, cancellation policies may be different, we may see MORE property improvements evident than last years' event, maybe a new + improved Bunkhouse (near the pond) to replace the small existing, "weathered" unit. Maybe more RV sites/parking?? Not sure we know what will be in store by next Spring?? But, some things will NOT change: the hundreds of miles of great Georgia/NC/Tenn riding roads, the unpredictable weather forecast, lodging by most standards (i.e. we know what we are getting as far as the rooms/furnishings), the friends made (and reunited) at events like this, and the love for a certain brand of motorcycle and/or the type of riders we are.

I know a few of you who attended last year, said you may not return in 2020 to the Iron Horse. Should that be the case, I believe everyone will respect your decision. We hear mumblings every year "what if we staged the Rally at a different site next year"...….we ALL think that at some time or another, mainly to keep the event from growing "stale" or just a repeat of last year's event. But, we need concrete ideas of where else to have such an event: can accommodate 100 riders, have primative camping, has cabins/rooms for rent, RV parking, a Lodge/Meeting Area for congregating, and a facility who is capable of feeding us...…..PLUS a A+++ riding area within an hour or so of the venue. If you have an idea of a place that might include all these "wants"..... contact them, see what they have to offer, get rates, and report back to the forum.

Stalky Tracker (Roy) has already redesigned the rally website for next year...…..he also starts his Christmas shopping in March, and is probably finished by June. See what he has done here, and send the website a notice if you plan to come next May. We will also start an attendee list here on this thread later, but respond to the website first, please. As usual, we need volunteers to help with the Rally: speakers, topics of discussion, events??, anything to make the rally better than last years...….and previous years!! (a hard act to follow sometimes).

EASTERN V-STROM RALLY

https://ironhorsenc.com/

This thread is just a tickler to get the Rally Juices flowing before a Long Winter's Nap. If you are planning to make reservations at The Iron Horse, please do so ASAP. Come mid-January, they open the reservations up to other groups.
Hope you/your's have a Very Merry Christmas.....and Blessed Happy New Year!!!

I am thinking of going down early. where you going to stay Wednesday night?

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #195 (Edited)
TShirt update: Justin (Buck83) ordered (27) Tshirts for the ones that signed up for one.......at a cost of $400+ out of his own pocket. That's roughly $15.00 per shirt. Please pay promptly (correct change appreciated) when you sign-in at the Registration Table outside the office.....and you will get your shirt. If there are any leftovers (for no-shows), we will have a sheet of paper at the table for you to put your name on if you want one (and did not order one).....add your shirt size next to your name. First come, first served on the extras....if any. They will be sold at the Saturday Night Meeting held upstairs of the Lodge based on the names we receive........you MUST be present at the meeting to pay for & receive your shirt, otherwise we go down the list to the next name.
Don't make lite of the meetings......we give away some NICE SWAG and there is lots of "ribbing" going on towards fellow Stromtroopers there!! It's all in fun and not all "business" during the hour or so. Back by popular demand: "Guess the Number of Widgets in the Jar" Contest.......winner will receive his/her choice of prizes.......either a crisp $20 bill, or a chance to ride bitch (facing backwards) with Les Powell (aka "Prowler") on his DL1000 thru the Dragon.....in the rain. Oh the decisions....!!! :unsure:

·
Registered
99 Posts
No checks please. Cash, Zelle or PayPal is fine.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Arg...I wish i could attend this. I've already exhausted my vacation potential for this year and can't plan a trip on such short notice though. Looks like loads of fun, and I love the Stecoah area. I guess i'll just have to plan it around next year. Is it always in October? I also usually attend the Barber Vintage festival and don't want to load too many trips onto the same time period. Yep. answered my own question. It's a May thing.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Arg...I wish i could attend this. I've already exhausted my vacation potential for this year and can't plan a trip on such short notice though. Looks like loads of fun, and I love the Stecoah area. I guess i'll just have to plan it around next year. Is it always in October? I also usually attend the Barber Vintage festival and don't want to load too many trips onto the same time period. Yep. answered my own question. It's a May thing.
Vacation? This is for mental health. Sick time not vacation. Just kidding but we will know during the October Rally when the next Rally will be in 2021. The dates will be posted shortly after we know.

·
Registered
161 Posts
TShirt update: Justin (Buck83) ordered (27) Tshirts for the ones that signed up for one.......at a cost of $400+ out of his own pocket. That's roughly $15.00 per shirt. Please pay promptly (correct change appreciated) when you sign-in at the Registration Table outside the office.....and you will get your shirt. If there are any leftovers (for no-shows), we will have a sheet of paper at the table for you to put your name on if you want one (and did not order one).....add your shirt size next to your name. First come, first served on the extras....if any. They will be sold at the Saturday Night Meeting held upstairs of the Lodge based on the names we receive........you MUST be present at the meeting to pay for & receive your shirt, otherwise we go down the list to the next name.
Don't make lite of the meetings......we give away some NICE SWAG and there is lots of "ribbing" going on towards fellow Stromtroopers there!! It's all in fun and not all "business" during the hour or so. Back by popular demand: "Guess the Number of Widgets in the Jar" Contest.......winner will receive his/her choice of prizes.......either a crisp $20 bill, or a chance to ride bitch (facing backwards) with Les Powell (aka "Prowler") on his DL1000 thru the Dragon.....in the rain. Oh the decisions....!!! :unsure:
Is that with the saddlebags on or off? I can go slower with the bags off 🤭shhhhhhh!!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
Very cool. Thanks guys.

One question....what kind of riding typically goes on? I am in the process of setting up this bike with an off-road bias. I have a set of TKC80's waiting to go on, but my street tires still have a lot of life left. If there will be some dirt/gravel/trail riding I'll go ahead and mount up the knobbies. But if it's mostly pavement maybe I'll just hold off and get some more use out of what's on there already.
Thanks

(IMHO) For this event, Save your TKC80's for another day unless you have a pre-planned group of dirty folks that you know.

181 - 200 of 327 Posts