StromTrooper banner

81 - 90 of 90 Posts

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,212 Posts
Some of you know I have been active in the Rally for many years. Gave up riding while at the event one time a few years back because others in charge had issues that kept them from being at the rally, so I stepped up. I have invested some effort into it over the years.

I write this so you will know I have the best interest at heart. Just cannot see how going forward with the rally on the standard date will be good for everyone that attends. Not just being at the event, but staying overnight on the way to the rally, where will you eat while on the road, and it sure looks like the roads may not be open now. While it may be come mid May all is well and everything is working and some will say "I told you so", I think planning NOW to postpone the rally is really the only honest course to take.......

·
Registered
99 Posts
I'm a no body in this forum but I had BIG EXCITING plans for this to be my first Rally. I find myself thinking more and more the past few days that maybe it would be wise for me to cancel and just stay put... unless things drastically change of course. If restaurants and the great scenery are closed, I can always ride the hand full of roads I have near me without slabbing through Nashville and down I40. I'm definitely waiting as patiently as I can (along with others) to join in on all the fun that the IH rally provides from the way things read. Looking forward to meeting all the regulars whenever things make a change for the better. So in conclusion, I guess you can count me OUT even though we still have almost 2 months until time to saddle up. It's a long way off but at the same time, no one is being cured as of yet.
This too shall pass.
Safe travels in your journey gentleman.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Current Rally Status

We are continuing to plan on a May 14-17 Rally. Plan B is Oct 8-11. A final decision on changing the plan will be made on or by April 12.

The EVR Committee

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
KUDOS to Stalky Tracker and Prowler for working daily behind the scenes with The Iron Horse. The October date was not a date we (stromtroopers) just dreamed up..........the available Plan B Dates were VERY limited as to what the IH could offer. October appeared to be the best for us attendees. Other groups are already re-adjusting their original rally dates (just like we are), and the pickins (dates) were already "slim". We ALL need to look at the situation in 2 weeks.......the Iron Horse may be open for the May Event, but what about major roads we like to ride......resturants, grocery stores, 7-11's, gas stations, etc.??
Thanks again for "Ruff & Ready's" leadership in moving forward with a proactive plan.....!!!!

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,212 Posts
I think...in two weeks there will be no doubt about what is the right choice to make. Nothing wrong with waiting till then to confirm it. Kudos for at least getting dibs on the October date. I think that would work well. If needed.....

·
Premium Member
2,669 Posts
KUDOS to Stalky Tracker and Prowler for working daily behind the scenes with The Iron Horse. The October date was not a date we (stromtroopers) just dreamed up..........the available Plan B Dates were VERY limited as to what the IH could offer. October appeared to be the best for us attendees. Other groups are already re-adjusting their original rally dates (just like we are), and the pickins (dates) were already "slim". We ALL need to look at the situation in 2 weeks.......the Iron Horse may be open for the May Event, but what about major roads we like to ride......resturants, grocery stores, 7-11's, gas stations, etc.??
Thanks again for "Ruff & Ready's" leadership in moving forward with a proactive plan.....!!!!
Unfortunately, it's virtually certain that the May dates won't hold. On the bright side, I may be able to make October. :)

·
Registered
252 Posts
I'm sure all of you are keeping in touch with the tally of confirmed cases and your country's increasing number of known infections. It took China and other countries a minimum of 3 months to see light at the end of the tunnel and that was due to some pretty harsh measures. I'm sure all of you will do the right thing not just for yourselves but for your fellow citizens. This virus is one incredible piece of design....some folks don't even know they have it and on average symptoms don't show for 5.6 days. It needs hosts to survive. Some nations talk about flattening the curve but what is needed is to hammer the virus down. Take care...and stay well.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It would be great if May still works out, but I’m fairly certain I can make the Oct. date work too. That is a great time to ride in the mountains also!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

81 - 90 of 90 Posts