StromTrooper banner

61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Administrator
13,199 Posts
Waterpig83

We will be coming up from the coast taking the trace to Nashville starting the friday before. there will be 3 of us part of the time. pm me for my contact info if you want to join us for a 10 day mans ride to the rally
I'm planning on heading down. Will be nice to see you again! (How's the topcase doing?)

..Tom

·
Registered
97 Posts
2020 Rally stickers have been ordered and in the process of being printed. Shirt design is almost complete and then it's just be a matter of submitting the order (April 18 @Noon Cntrl).
As of now shirts are looking like they'll be right around the $15 mark (23 as of today). There will not be any charge for stickers again this year.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

·
Administrator
13,199 Posts
Well so far the attendance looks pretty low for this year. Last year was great!
Ironhorse policies with regards to cancellation have left a sour taste with many and make it hard to recommend others to attend.

..Tom

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Sign-ups typically go up exponentially the closer to May it gets...….once better riding weather gets here, and work schedules/vacations finalized. We won't get 100 folks every year...….sometimes "only" 60 show up. But large numbers don't make a great rally...…...other factors do: the weather, new riding buddies, new attractions, etc, etc.
Keep the Faith...…...
(y)

·
Registered
132 Posts
Like Mark444 said, signups don't usually ramp up until closer to the Rally. As for me I don't really care how many sign up as long as there are two of us attending. Each year there are things like weather, etc. that we think will affect the gathering but also each of those years more and more riders attend. Weather is not really much of an issue at this Rally due to the variety of weather we see in different areas we ride through around the IronHorse.
The core group will always attend and we have fun no matter what. It would be hard to find a better group to be around at any Rally. Their experience with the V-Strom is very useful to anyone with questions on these bikes. Many also have quite a bit of knowledge about different roads and riding routes in this area that you can take advantage of by just asking a question
No one here is a stranger believe me, if you have never attended don't feel like you will be left out just because it is your first time attending, when we find out you are new to the Rally we take care to include everyone in all the activities. (might be good or bad for new folks ?). Seriously, if you have never visited with us just come on down and ride with us, that's all it takes. You will be a regular attendee after that. The food is good, the rides are world class and the companionship is unbeatable, not to mention the IronHorse is the best facility I have ever encountered for holding a Rally.
See you all in a couple of months.
Safe riding
Prowler

·
Registered
99 Posts
Lord willin, Owensboro ky will be represented at this years Rally by a new attendee! ?? ME! I'll prolly wait and sign up at a later date too. I was highly tempted to book a room but I'm more of a tent kinda guy so I can hear all the crickets and bull frogs minus the snoring of course. Ha!
Safe travels in your journey gentleman!

·
Registered
49 Posts
I attended last year and had a great time ! Iv been doing the best I can by recommending folks on the Facebook groups to attend. I’m looking forward to this year. The hospital I work for is closing the door but with severance package and the close date for April 30th is perfect timing. There is also another strom rider that moved to my area so looks like I will have a fellow rider for the ride down. I do understand the cancellation policy affecting the rally. Several were not to happy with the change announced. I tent camp so not much of an issue for me.

·
Premium Member
4,197 Posts
Not sure about a shirt (get threats from wife when I bring another one home) but I am planning to come so put me on the attendees list please.

towre2 (Mickey) in Virginia

Coming up. (y)

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
.........get threats from wife when I bring another one home...........

towre2 (Mickey) in Virginia
What, when you bring another "wife home"..........I don't blame her for getting alittle pizzed.

·
Premium Member
2,824 Posts
Discussion Starter #76
Don't shoot me, I'm on your side, but.............

The Gov of NC recommends mass gatherings of more than 50 people be cancelled, or postponed, for the next 8 weeks. I have not contacted The Iron Horse......things have been happening too fast. I am not "official enough" to say "yes, the Rally will be postponed", but it sure is looking that way. Keep an eye on this thread and keep conversations based on facts, not here-say. Things we need to decide (soon) are: Reservation cancellations and ordering of TShirts.

·
Registered
132 Posts
2020 Eastern Vstrom Rally......May 14-May 17, 2020

Guess it's time again to start planning (or, at least dreaming??) about next year's 18th Annual Eastern Vstrom Rally/Gathering. As of this posting, the Venue will again be The Iron Horse Campground/Lodge in Stecoah, NC ……...just like the previous dozen or so years. Last year, we saw (and met) the New Owners of The Iron Horse.....along with some facility changes from previous years. Some changes were viewed as "positive", some were not well received. "Change", in itself, may not always be received as a "good thing"...….but is almost inevitable in today's world. Rates will probably be a tad higher than last year's, cancellation policies may be different, we may see MORE property improvements evident than last years' event, maybe a new + improved Bunkhouse (near the pond) to replace the small existing, "weathered" unit. Maybe more RV sites/parking?? Not sure we know what will be in store by next Spring?? But, some things will NOT change: the hundreds of miles of great Georgia/NC/Tenn riding roads, the unpredictable weather forecast, lodging by most standards (i.e. we know what we are getting as far as the rooms/furnishings), the friends made (and reunited) at events like this, and the love for a certain brand of motorcycle and/or the type of riders we are.

I know a few of you who attended last year, said you may not return in 2020 to the Iron Horse. Should that be the case, I believe everyone will respect your decision. We hear mumblings every year "what if we staged the Rally at a different site next year"...….we ALL think that at some time or another, mainly to keep the event from growing "stale" or just a repeat of last year's event. But, we need concrete ideas of where else to have such an event: can accommodate 100 riders, have primative camping, has cabins/rooms for rent, RV parking, a Lodge/Meeting Area for congregating, and a facility who is capable of feeding us...…..PLUS a A+++ riding area within an hour or so of the venue. If you have an idea of a place that might include all these "wants"..... contact them, see what they have to offer, get rates, and report back to the forum.

Stalky Tracker (Roy) has already redesigned the rally website for next year...…..he also starts his Christmas shopping in March, and is probably finished by June. See what he has done here, and send the website a notice if you plan to come next May. We will also start an attendee list here on this thread later, but respond to the website first, please. As usual, we need volunteers to help with the Rally: speakers, topics of discussion, events??, anything to make the rally better than last years...….and previous years!! (a hard act to follow sometimes).

EASTERN V-STROM RALLY

Iron Horse Motorcycle Lodge & Resort - Home

This thread is just a tickler to get the Rally Juices flowing before a Long Winter's Nap. If you are planning to make reservations at The Iron Horse, please do so ASAP. Come mid-January, they open the reservations up to other groups.
Hope you/your's have a Very Merry Christmas.....and Blessed Happy New Year!!!
Ok guys and gals, Here is the latest from the IronHorse. They are operating on a day to day basis, they are open at this time. They have NOT been ordered to close yet.
The Rally organizers really need to hear from all of you folks that attend so we can make some decisions on this years Rally. Things like do we continue on with hopes of this virus having run its course by Rally time (May 14-17-2020) or do we postpone it until September or October with the same hope of being able to have a Rally this year.
Most of the places we eat are closed in the entire area and most of the roads we ride are closed indefinitely
Discussions are taking place with the Rally organizers as to what, when and possibly where to continue with this years Rally.
PLEASE let us know your thoughts so we can make some decisions that fit most of the attendees.
Thank You
Prowler.

·
Registered
277 Posts
The NC DOT has issued an order to close a large chunk of 28 and 129 in graham county unless you are a local resident. The only way to access the Dragon and the DGMR & Killboys is from the Tennessee side. No stated end date.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I was really looking forward to the Rally; it was gonna be my first long distance ride. I had planned to ride to the Rally, ride on some premier roads, and then ride back home. But... if the major/premiere routes are closed, that seems to diminish the fun. Also, if the stopping/eating places are all closed, that’s another problem. I hate to be negative, but I’d rather rip the bandaid off quickly. Maybe we should see if anything improves by 3/31-if so, we go ahead with the plan. If it stays the same, prob a fall rally is the best course of action (certainly a good probability of that being a GO) I hope to be doing the MABDR in September, but who knows, maybe 2 trips in one month? :cool:

61 - 80 of 90 Posts