StromTrooper banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,070 Posts
I have scheduled it in but because of the reservation policy haven't booked anything. It was to be the first stop of a solo two week trip to the Florida Keys and Louisiana (those are the only two lower 48 states I haven't ridden to.) I don't know if I am going to head to the meet or not, it depends on what some friends might want to do.

..Tom

·
Registered
687 Posts
Me and Mrs. Lurker are definitely down for 2 x T-Shirts (XXL and Med).

·
Registered
93 Posts
I have scheduled it in but because of the reservation policy haven't booked anything. It was to be the first stop of a solo two week trip to the Florida Keys and Louisiana (those are the only two lower 48 states I haven't ridden to.) I don't know if I am going to head to the meet or not, it depends on what some friends might want to do.

..Tom

Vtom,

If your heading to louisiana you might be interested in our little trip up to the rally. We plan on heading out the friday before the rally; taking the Natchez trace up to Nashville camping 2 nights, cutting down through Jack Daniels Distillery, heading over to Iron Horse camp out 1 night, maybe take a day up the Blue Mountain Parkway, camp out over night then back to Iron Horse for the rally. Your welcome to join us if interested

JG

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
35 folks signed up for the rally so far, but only 14 want TShirts?? I know not everyone is a "TShirt Kinda Guy" but at every Rally in the past, we have people arrive wanting to know if there are any extra TShirts for sale?? Typically we have half-dozen extras, only because of "no-shows". There is no guarantee there will be ANY extras...…..so...…...go to the Rally Website and place your order for one...….or chance being "shirtless" once the rally begins?? Buck83 designs and orders the shirts for us...….and pays 100's of $$$ upfront for them.

Also...…..don't forget to call the Iron Horse to make your cabin/room/bunkhouse/wagon Reservation...……(tent campers need no reservation).

·
Premium Member
2,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Camping is not free, first come, first choice of spots..........no reservations are needed if camping. There are no designated spots.........just open grassy areas, some peagravel sites, and 2-3 with electricity (for you CPAP users....but better try to reserve those if required). Tent/hammock camping use to be $15 per night, but I think it is closer to $20 now. Look around the Iron horse website pics.......and all the pics on our Rally website.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Camping is not free, first come, first choice of spots..........no reservations are needed if camping. There are no designated spots.........just open grassy areas, some peagravel sites, and 2-3 with electricity (for you CPAP users....but better try to reserve those if required). Tent/hammock camping use to be $15 per night, but I think it is closer to $20 now. Look around the Iron horse website pics.......and all the pics on our Rally website.
Cool beans. Haven’t quite figured out how I’m gonna stay/camp/glamp, but good to know I can tent if that’s what it ends up being.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Word up Y'ALL! I'm sure the weather is totally unpredictable that time of year for that perticular spot on the map. Crazy, unpredictable weather no doubt. For all those returning Iron Horse Rally Stromers, how's the weather been the past years from your memory? This will be my first trip.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Usually there is rain in the forecast, but the rain can often be avoided by either waiting or riding around it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Word up Y'ALL! I'm sure the weather is totally unpredictable that time of year for that perticular spot on the map. Crazy, unpredictable weather no doubt. For all those returning Iron Horse Rally Stromers, how's the weather been the past years from your memory? This will be my first trip.
I ALWAYS bring rain gear and my heated vest. I keep it stowed on my bike. Then, I am not disappointed.

It usually rains in the area (sometime or somewhere) during the Rally. Another thing to think of is the Cherohala Skyway and the Blue Ridge Pkwy have some 6,000'+ passes. You can be comfy in your mesh gear in the valley and be wishing for winter clothes up high.

IMG_0301.JPG

·
Registered
687 Posts
There has always been rain in the forecast and it has always been light to no rain. Can't wait to head back this year!!! It is always a great time spent with some really great people.

·
Premium Member
4,143 Posts
What is the temperature at the camp site for that time of year? I am seriously thinking of doing it. In total 1700 KM...enough for an iron butt ride! :)
Last year it was around 82° F to 88° F for the high and around 48° F to 58° F for the low. Normal/average temps are 75° F and 50° F. Cooler at the higher elevations.

·
Registered
95 Posts
As for weather the area reminds me of Dominican Republic. Rain is forecast every day, and you may or may not see rain every day. But you'll also probably see sun every day as well. It's odd and makes it nearly impossible to go off whatever the weatherman predicts.
One rally it seemed to rain every night but was beautiful every day. I remember another rally where many got drenched in downpours while we only saw a few showers on the route we were on? 2018 They predicted a complete wash out and it was beautiful most of the weekend.
It's rather bipolar so just pack expecting sun, rain, hot & cold weather. Possibly all in one day.

Also to anyone posting on the thread about a rally shirt, please add your info to the spreadsheet here 2020 Rally T-Shirt Signup Sheet or direct PM me and I will add it for you. I have a 1 & 3 year old daughter so my life is a giant round of catching up. This helps me consolidate and ensure nobody gets missed.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts