StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2020 650 Vstrom Adventure
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've searched around and found some (not many) but most are crash guard maker specific and I'm not sure what brand the OEM guards are? I'm looking more for everyday use bags so maybe not huge ones. Any feedback would be appreciated.

·
Registered
786 Posts
You might try a search on this site for bicycle fork panniers. Some 'Troopers have had good luck with them.

·
Premium Member
4,602 Posts
You might want to post this in the General Discussion. You might get more responses as it probably applies to all years.

I know @Buck83 adopted some military style sling bags for use as crash bar bags. I believe he got them off eBay. Something similar to this eBay Sling Bag .

·
Registered
99 Posts
It was actually these Amazon.com: FAMI Outdoor Tactical Bag Backpack, Military Sport Bag Pack Sling Shoulder Backpack Tactical Satchel for Every Day Carry: Clothing
The shoulder sling can be stored in the back pocket and from there I just used really long Velcro straps on the existing D-Rings to attach to crash bars.

I've (theoretically) gotten the bike up to 95 mph on Speedo and everything (theoretically) stayed put. Had them for 3 or 4 years now and have never had to adjust anything.
They're great for sun block, viewing monocular, tire gauge, extra ear plugs, chapstick and other things you might want quick/easy access to while traveling.
Just store things in heavy duty ziplocks since the bags themselves aren't waterproof.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've searched around and found some (not many) but most are crash guard maker specific and I'm not sure what brand the OEM guards are? I'm looking more for everyday use bags so maybe not huge ones. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Check those out from Givi. They're sold out on Givi's website but revzilla has them for $12 more than givi's sale price. Hyperlink wasn't working so just copy/past the url.

·
Premium Member
985 Posts

Check those out from Givi. They're sold out on Givi's website but revzilla has them for $12 more than givi's sale price. Hyperlink wasn't working so just copy/past the url.
They seem to get some very bad reviews for durability. Perhaps that is why they are sold out

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
I use 12 liter Kriega modular bags on my [email protected] racing crash guards, works great. I hose clamped little metal loops on the crash guards to string the straps through to hold the bags firmly in place. They're for sale usually on Revzilla.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts