StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this a repeat question but I couldn't find a thread to answer this after searching several different ways (newbie here). Does anyone know for a fact if the oil filter for a 2020 DL650A/XA is the same as what is specified for the 2019? I've checked several websites (jpcycle, revzilla, etc) and they say either that it doesn't fit or they have no option for even selecting the 2020 model. I need to do the first 600 mile oil change myself since the dealer is closed for who knows how long because of the whole covid thing. Also, is the drain plug crush washer a 14mm?

Thanks for any help you can offer!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Since all the other ones take the same filter, it should fit. I use a Wix 51359 on my 2014. Not sure on the crush washer, haven't changed it for 42,000 miles.
Thanks! yeah, I ALWAYS change the crush washer. I've had small leaks in both engine oil and final drive unit oil changes after maintenance without doing so. I don't know if it's bad luck (always tightened to torque spec) on my part, but I've never had a problem if I change the washers. The weird thing is, the leaks both showed up after a couple of hundred miles, not immediately..

·
Registered
115 Posts
I have one of these cleanable stainless steel mesh filters that was on a 2012 Strom I traded. Didnt let it go with the bike so its listed for sale on a local forum

PC Racing filter
20200222_092436.jpg
20200222_092526.jpg

Sent from my LML212VL using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts