StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
The above pic (post 38) is incorrect, at least for North American bikes. The correct pins are on the opposite side of the connector. See the video from the beginning of the post and my pics a little later on.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Would someone confirm whether the dealer mode connector wire colors are the same? Maybe that would be a better guide on which wire color to short out? Maybe someone with a service manual can post some information?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Would someone confirm whether the dealer mode connector wire colors are the same? Maybe that would be a better guide on which wire color to short out? Maybe someone with a service manual can post some information?
The wires in the connector on the bike are grey and black, which matches the service manual.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I added a 20A switch to a paperclip to see if waiting until after the initial power surge would help. It didn't. I blew the ignition fuse no matter when I flipped the switch and still never got to the reset screen. Has anyone figured out what the successful guys are doing differently?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have to do that reset to remove the key but I am confused the photos are different, some are above and one below, so I think and conclude that to burn a fuse is because there was a short circuit which gives me to understand that a shot It has a positive charge, if before performing the connection bridging exercise we test with a tester if there is a positive charge we would be evaluating the terminals for resetting which should not have a charge to do the baypass

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Welcome Victor. It sounds like the connections shown in the pix from reply #38 is different to the 1050 from non-US or is it possibly a connector orientation?

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm happy to report that I was able to reset the service reminder but unfortunately I don't know why it worked this time and only blew fuses before. Aside from having plenty of fuses on hand, everything else was the same. Same paperclip with a switch, same slots as YouTube and Skinner pics. I don't think the switch is necessary but it doesn't hurt so I will attach a photo. I think it is just hit and miss with a paperclip so I'll try to find the proper tabs.

The service reminder can be pushed out as far as one year or 7500 miles.

Good luck to everyone and please let us know what works for you.

·
Administrator
13,916 Posts
I'm happy to report that I was able to reset the service reminder but unfortunately I don't know why it worked this time and only blew fuses before. Aside from having plenty of fuses on hand, everything else was the same. Same paperclip with a switch, same slots as YouTube and Skinner pics. I don't think the switch is necessary but it doesn't hurt so I will attach a photo. I think it is just hit and miss with a paperclip so I'll try to find the proper tabs.

The service reminder can be pushed out as far as one year or 7500 miles.

Good luck to everyone and please let us know what works for you.
Iirc earlier pictures showed the shorted out pins to be on the same row. Yours shows one at the top left and bottom right.

Edit: or is that just a bad angle on a blurry part of the picture?

Was that what worked? Did you ignition on then trigger the switch or have it activated when you turned on the ignition?

Would be great to know as I should be doing my 12,000 km oil change this weekend.

..Tom

·
Registered
136 Posts
the shorted out pins to be on the same row
The shorted out pins are in the same row and on the same side as Skinners picture and the YouTube video. The right side of the paperclip is bent to be parallel to the left side and line up with slots. My photo doesn't show that bend but I didn't notice or I'd have taken another.

I tried a switch because the Suzuki tool has one. I'm not sure if it made the difference but it may have helped. I'll tell you what I've tried so far.

During my first session I would blow the fuse when I flipped the switch. Switch on, ignition on, pop. Then I left the switch off, turned the ignition on and let things settle down. Flip the switch, pop. After that I went to different displays on the screen (including SERVICE) before flipping the switch. Always blew the fuse. Decided to think it over and buy more fuses.

I changed tires yesterday and thought that blowing a fuse before calling it a day would get me thinking about this again. Ignition on, switch on, no pop. I was tired and dirty so I planned to come back to it but as I turned off the ignition I saw the C00 code. Turned ignition on again and went straight to C00 like the video. Reset the service interval and called it a day.

Came back to it today. Went to the SERVICE screen before flipping the switch and got the C00 code again. Should have tried other sequences but didn't want to push my luck. The guy in the video didn't have a switch so that may not be important. Everyone is using the same slots so we know that. Maybe its a matter of good contact with the paperclip but I think I've been getting that all along. It worked and I don't know why.

The switch was about $5 and ten fuses cost about $7 or $8.

I hope to hear what is working for other people.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'm referring to the service screen option by the time & date setting, hill assist, etc. The one that lets you see when the reminder will come on next.

·
Administrator
13,916 Posts
I'm referring to the service screen option by the time & date setting, hill assist, etc. The one that lets you see when the reminder will come on next.
I forgot it even existed. I can check my manual when I get to my bike but can you remind me how to get there?

..Tom

·
Registered
136 Posts
I am still clumsy at navigating the screen but I think I can. Hold mode button until a menu comes up. Tap up or down arrows to scroll through. Hold down arrow for 2 seconds to select your option. Move around tapping the arrows and holding the down arrow to make your changes and save them. When you want to get out of there, hold the up arrow for 2 seconds. Ignition off if you want to start over.

I think that's how it works. Could be forgetting something.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Since the service indicator has to be reset with oil changes, perhaps those that do DIY maintenance, should consider a similar external dealer mode switch to I did on my Wee, #10 of Fi light on 2016 DL1000`?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Installed ”Genuine Suzuki” dealer mode switch under my passenger seat and just updated my service interval interval. Works a treat!

41 - 60 of 77 Posts