StromTrooper banner

21 - 40 of 77 Posts

·
Administrator
13,916 Posts
I connect the jumper then turn on the ignition. I followed the same steps as the video posted earlier.
Thanks!

That's how I did it too. Just mine ended up with the fuse blowing. Maybe my paperclip shorted something out.

..Tom

·
Registered
288 Posts
There has got to be an easier way than to blow fuses doing this. I'm definitely going to ask the dealer about this when I pick up my bike next week. I hope their service people will be able to give me an easy solution to this.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Is it just the 2020 models that require the service interval to be reset?

·
Registered
1050XT Adventure
149 Posts
The Service desk at the dealer let me take pictures of the actual cable.
Photos are not the greatest. Was told the cable was ~$90 to have it ordered.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Looks like a fancy paper clip. All the switch is doing is completing a circuit between 2 pins.

Reactions: Brockie

·
Administrator
13,916 Posts
@Dave MP

Thanks for the pictures. Too bad the critical part, the plug, is blurry. It would be nice to maybe see which plugs are important.

I wonder if there is a resistor in there

..Tom

·
Registered
1050XT Adventure
149 Posts
@Dave MP
Thanks for the pictures. Too bad the critical part, the plug, is blurry. It would be nice to maybe see which plugs are important.
I wonder if there is a resistor in there
..Tom
No idea about a resistor, though the cable did not have any bulges that would indicate something other than wires in the outer wrap.
Next time I get down near the dealer I will ask the service folks if I can get more pictures. (They seemed to think that the price was stupideep, and told me about the video with the paperclip.

·
Registered
188 Posts
It looks pretty clear to me that only 2 pins are only being used and a switch for continuity.

Reactions: richlandrick

·
Registered
136 Posts
If some enterprising trooper came up with a plug in solution they could probably sell a few. I'd buy one. I'm living with the wrench and hiding my paperclips for now.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Does the reset "wrench" come on with every oil change? I'm nearing the first 600 mile change and wondered if the light will come on or is it just for the regular periodic changes? I may get the nearest dealer to reset it since I'm not keen on blowing fuses and such.

·
Administrator
13,916 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
If you look closely, you see that pins on video and latest pictures are not same? Is that right?
I'm seeing that too. They used the corner slots close to the groove in the connector in the video and earlier pics. The Suzuki tool seems to use those same slots plus the middle slots (presumably for the switch). The picture in post #38 shows the corners opposite that groove being used. Hmm...

·
Registered
1050XT Adventure
149 Posts
I'm seeing that too. They used the corner slots close to the groove in the connector in the video and earlier pics. The Suzuki tool seems to use those same slots plus the middle slots (presumably for the switch). The picture in post #38 shows the corners opposite that groove being used. Hmm...
The Suzuki tool only has 2 pins, using the same slots as your pictures. The photos that I posted are crap due to my lack of photoskills. Not sure of the reason for the actual switch on the Suzuki tool.

21 - 40 of 77 Posts