StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Troopers.
Just out of curiosity asking, Vstrom came a long way since 2002 and second generation is much different from first generation by this forum senior member's evaluation.:smile2: Good job Suzuki.
It seems that new 2019 is advertised as improved second generation , I saw one of them at Long Beach motorcycle show , it was like blue Yamaha color but was looking nice, I have not seen any for sale in California dealers Yet and I am wondering if they sold in other states ?Have any one bought and if yes please share the experience.:smile2:
Ride safe/Ride long

·
Premium Member
4,177 Posts
Can those wire wheels be bought separate? That blue is really awesome.
I think there have been a few posts asking this question, and it always comes back to being cost prohibitive. But I do recall someone wanting to trade their new spoke wheels for cast wheels last year, maybe look for that.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Still no cruise control??

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Still no cruise control??
I don't get why everyone moans about the lack of cruise control (I installed one on my '06, used it once on a 36 hour IB ride through the prairies and never again). It's not a selling feature for me.

I say: If you want cruise, take the bus.

Maybe it's just the geography of where I live?

·
Registered
582 Posts
I say: If you want cruise, take the bus. Maybe it's just the geography of where I live?
Nah, probably has more to do with your attitude than your geography...

·
Administrator
16,811 Posts
I don't get why everyone moans about the lack of cruise control (I installed one on my '06, used it once on a 36 hour IB ride through the prairies and never again). It's not a selling feature for me.

I say: If you want cruise, take the bus.

Maybe it's just the geography of where I live?
Literally from what I can tell EVERY single Triumph model motorcycle they sell has factory cruise control, of course they all have ride by wire too. I use the crap out of CC in my car, so yeah I want the option on my bikes too.....NEXT bike will have CC without question.

·
Administrator
16,811 Posts
Local dealer had the 19 650 Adventure in awesome blue wheel color scheme, it really is a good looking bike. They didn't have a 1000 in at the moment, so was bummed not to see one. I must be honest about something though, after sitting on and comparing the fit/finish and features of the Triumph Tigers, Africa Twin Adventure Sport, Super Tenere ES, and the Ducati Multistrada models compared to the Strom, it is obvious why the Stroms price wise are so cheap. But they are damn dependable and overall get the job done with many smiles for miles, but I am starting to want more for my money to be honest. My 650XT is set up perfectly for me, and to date is the most comfortable and dependable bike I've ever owned, but yeah I am already itching for an upgrade. :)

·
Registered
214 Posts
Local dealer had the 19 650 Adventure in awesome blue wheel color scheme, it really is a good looking bike. They didn't have a 1000 in at the moment, so was bummed not to see one. I must be honest about something though, after sitting on and comparing the fit/finish and features of the Triumph Tigers, Africa Twin Adventure Sport, Super Tenere ES, and the Ducati Multistrada models compared to the Strom, it is obvious why the Stroms price wise are so cheap. But they are damn dependable and overall get the job done with many smiles for miles, but I am starting to want more for my money to be honest. My 650XT is set up perfectly for me, and to date is the most comfortable and dependable bike I've ever owned, but yeah I am already itching for an upgrade. :)
I love my '18 1000XT but I have to admit, if the current '19 Versys 1000 SE LT+ was available at the time I bought it would have been very difficult to pass up. They've added an IMU, electronic suspension, cruise control, quick shift (up and down), and a host of other features. Yes, it's more expensive than the V3 but price isn't the only thing to consider. I got a good look at it and talked to the Kawi guys at the show this weekend and was a bit envious that the VStrom doesn't have a model with some of those features (and probably won't any time soon).

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I love my '18 1000XT but I have to admit, if the current '19 Versys 1000 SE LT+ was available at the time I bought it would have been very difficult to pass up. They've added an IMU, electronic suspension, cruise control, quick shift (up and down), and a host of other features. Yes, it's more expensive than the V3 but price isn't the only thing to consider. I got a good look at it and talked to the Kawi guys at the show this weekend and was a bit envious that the VStrom doesn't have a model with some of those features (and probably won't any time soon).
you are talking about a very good bike , there was one near me during Kawasaki Demo ride , I sat on It and felt it , but they did not give that one to the customers to ride. they had the 2019 Versys 650 for ride , and bunch of other Ninja different sizes, but I was hoping for 2019 Versys 1000 , Demo ride.
It has three modes of riding only.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts