StromTrooper banner

2019 Gathering November 8,9 & 10

16K views 101 replies 16 participants last post by  V-Harry 
#1 ·
This is the final date for this years Gathering at Gloucester N.S.W.

NOVEMBER 8,9, & 10

Start booking your holidays folks!

See you in November

Shazz

#4 ·
I had a look at the Roundabout Inn website and they say:

Our standard rates being $70.00 for one person then $20.00 per person thereafter, however for groups, trades and longer staying patrons we can offer a range of package pricing.
I'll book a twin room if anyone wants to share (I may be sharing with AstroBob if he can make it).

Should I ask about a group discount?

#5 ·
I have booked a double for the two nights,

I mentioned I may extend my stay & they suggested I get in early as a lot of workers are filling them up and not just mid week.

Ron that name is a blast from the past, how about Steve, does he know it's on ??

There is a motel a few hundred meters from the pub that my friends tell me is better than the pub but why walk 200 meters if I don't have to ??

#9 · (Edited)
#11 ·
We tried this gathering a few years back and the caravan park was a popular choice but the non stop rain either pushed them inside or stopped them from attending all together.

I still have nightmares about Fester's snoring !!!!

With some positive thinking I'm sure the weather will be perfect for this years event.

Reactions: minigog
#13 ·
Sounds good

#17 ·
It will be good to catch up again, it's not like Rolex but it will do HEY...

I'm in the Roundabout Hotel & I think the others are too.

Rock on November hell, rock on warm weather Shazz.

Reactions: suzukigirl66
#16 ·
To say I'm excited about this trip is an understatement! I have barely been on the bike this year, this winter has been bitterly cold down here in Mexico! (Victoria)
To our new Strom riders, this is a great way to meet the rest of the crew, a great bunch of people that will give you great advice.
Rock on November

Shazz

Reactions: V-Harry
#21 ·
I'm in for the Friday & Saturday nights at this point.

I have not really made any plans after that, I expect I will end up on the coast after that for a few days on the beach ?

Some more tagging along would be great, when I get my arrival plan settled I will post it up and see if it works or can be made to work for others ?

Don't leave your booking too late, when I booked I mentioned I could be extending my stay and the girl told me they were often full with workers so I should get in early.

Reactions: gleeful
#22 ·
Any spare beds for Wobbly_boot?

I hadn't booked yet as I'm still trying to schedule some leave but I need a break and have 3 weeks owing to me for this year so i'm gonna take it whether they like it or not LOL.....plus a week's LSL to boot.

Looking at possibly moving to a different suburb in this time and I need to go up and see me ol Mum up in Grafton so I'm trying to plan whether I'll include the Gloucestor weekend on the way up or way back from Grafton.

I had also wanted to have a few days down in Melbourne as this could be our final move in a year or two. Love the vibe down there.

If there's no beds, I'll try and book somewhere close for myself and/or I'll try and convince Ock-Strom to come along too now he has a camper van.

Cheers

wobbly_boot

(Dave)

#26 ·
I and a couple of others will be there Friday.

Nothing set in stone yet but most likely route will be via Wisemans Ferry, St Albans then the dirt to Bucketty and onto Wollombi.

From the coast we could hook up at any of those places.

If anybody else has something they want to throw into the mix go ahead ???

When I have a route sorted and some time I may start a getting to Gloucester post and see what can be achieved.

Reactions: minigog
#27 ·
Hey Rolex and Gleeful, definitely up for riding up with you guys, Ron are we still good to share a room?. AMY123 it will be good to a catch up again. Looking forward to seeing all and some nice riding up there. Have the hard luck award from the last gathering, hoping to pass it along to a new owner :). Cheers Bruce.

Reactions: gleeful
#28 ·
Bruce you know that award is hard to get rid of.

I'm hard at work today finalising our route & times.

Reactions: suzukigirl66
#29 ·
Already getting some hot days at Gloucester. I was there Friday morning and yesterday morning and already getting uncomfortable by about 9 in the morning on the bike.
I would suggest a run over to the coast on Saturday if it looks like a hot one for those who arrive Friday.
A good loop would be south to Booral then over to Bulahdelah and onto the Lakes way to Forster for a feed and a swim, then back via Failford, Nabiac and Krambach.
Booral to Bulahdelah has some tight corners that have brought a few Harleys undone over the years.
You can also get to Bulahdelah via Waukivory if you don't mind 14 km of good gravel and some narrow twisty tar.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.