StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is the final date for this years Gathering at Gloucester N.S.W.

NOVEMBER 8,9, & 10

Start booking your holidays folks!

See you in November

Shazz

·
Premium Member
1,436 Posts
Hey Shazz

Sorry we cant make it, no holidays allowed for this little black duck in November.
Hope you all have a great time & look forward to some RR's.

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
4,615 Posts
I had a look at the Roundabout Inn website and they say:

Our standard rates being $70.00 for one person then $20.00 per person thereafter, however for groups, trades and longer staying patrons we can offer a range of package pricing.
I'll book a twin room if anyone wants to share (I may be sharing with AstroBob if he can make it).

Should I ask about a group discount?

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
I have booked a double for the two nights,

I mentioned I may extend my stay & they suggested I get in early as a lot of workers are filling them up and not just mid week.

Ron that name is a blast from the past, how about Steve, does he know it's on ??

There is a motel a few hundred meters from the pub that my friends tell me is better than the pub but why walk 200 meters if I don't have to ??

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Which particular gathering is this one? There's another Aussie V Strom gathering/ride in Tassie in Feb 20 I believe....
That's the Facebook AuStrom Birthday Bash :)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Room booked, plans being made, leave applied for :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey Ron happy to share, will split the room cost down the middle, let me know if Astro bob is a starter as soon as you can please, so I know if I need to book another room :)

·
Super Moderator
4,615 Posts
Hi Bruce,

I've booked a twin room for 8-10th.

I SMSed AstroBob but I haven't heard back from him. He was on a Strom ride to Uluru with his brother. I'll call him tonight.

For those who haven't been there, the National Motorcycle Museum is 52km away at Nabiac.

https://nationalmotorcyclemuseum.com.au/

Travel via winding Buckets Way.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Nabiac,+New+South+Wales+2312,+Australia/Gloucester,+New+South+Wales+2422,+Australia/@-32.0459201,152.0300177,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m14!4m13!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b744c754cfd76dd:0x40609b49043a690!2m2!1d152.383333!2d-32.1!1m5!1m1!1s0x6b74fefa68c4c935:0x40609b49043a1f0!2m2!1d151.95875!2d-32.0233309!3e0?hl=en-GB&authuser=0

·
Registered
76 Posts
Thunderbolts way is a lot better than it was a year or so back.
Plenty of roadwork been happening.
I may be there for the gathering and if so will throw up a tent at the caravan park which is only about 300 metres away and has plenty of space.

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
We tried this gathering a few years back and the caravan park was a popular choice but the non stop rain either pushed them inside or stopped them from attending all together.

I still have nightmares about Fester's snoring !!!!

With some positive thinking I'm sure the weather will be perfect for this years event.

Reactions: minigog

·
Registered
36 Posts
Just found out about this now to make plans to go, thinking positive the weather will be great. It will be great to catch up

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Sounds good

·
Registered
36 Posts
Don't forget me, although I don't live too far from Gloucester, I'll be staying up there so not to miss out on the fun, where is everyone staying. I was thinking of the caravan park.
Some great riding around that area.

·
Super Moderator
4,615 Posts
Hey Ron happy to share, will split the room cost down the middle, let me know if Astro bob is a starter as soon as you can please, so I know if I need to book another room :)
I finally got onto Bob - he's back from his ride to Uluru. He's undecided about Gloucester, so the spare beds is yours if you want it Bruce.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
To say I'm excited about this trip is an understatement! I have barely been on the bike this year, this winter has been bitterly cold down here in Mexico! (Victoria)
To our new Strom riders, this is a great way to meet the rest of the crew, a great bunch of people that will give you great advice.
Rock on November

Shazz

Reactions: V-Harry

·
Registered
3,865 Posts
Don't forget me, although I don't live too far from Gloucester, I'll be staying up there so not to miss out on the fun, where is everyone staying. I was thinking of the caravan park.
Some great riding around that area.
It will be good to catch up again, it's not like Rolex but it will do HEY...

I'm in the Roundabout Hotel & I think the others are too.

Rock on November hell, rock on warm weather Shazz.

Reactions: suzukigirl66

·
Registered
196 Posts
Hey Rolex,

what two nights did you book for? I'm thinking about tagging along with maybe you and the brucester?

:)

Thanks for your organisation Shazz!

1 - 20 of 102 Posts