·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
I don't get it.

Did you mean the luggage? Cause I use those when i go offroad too.

Thought they gave it a 17" front wheel...

·
Super Moderator
4,512 Posts
"the tubeless-spoke wheels of the V-Strom 650XT, plus a set of Suzuki side cases, a rugged accessory bar, and a centerstand."

Sorry, but I don't get all the excitement. Take the more offroad version of the 650, add those OEM side cases (which have a very poor reputation), a main stand and an accessory bar - and call it a sealed road super tourer?

·
Registered
72 Posts
In fact what I got (for 8499€) was an XT with SHAD SH48 top box and 'accessory bar'. I think a top box is superior to panniers at the very least where lane splitting is allowed.

I'm really happy with this bike, but I don't understand the excitement about this 'new' version.

The center stand I bought separately @ Cosmo's (still have to install)

·
Registered
3,599 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like it, its turn key ready to roll. No hunting for accessories and laying in the garage installing them. Still not an off-road machine, but like I said, its a nice asphalt tourer for back roads and secondaries. But what do I know, I sold my Wee and ride a Honda, ROFLMAO. >:)

·
Registered
469 Posts
Didn't they just put OEM side cases and engine guards on an XT model? I'd rather have aftermarket in both cases. They didn't even add the OEM top case or heated grips. I'd like to see someone try to tour with just those small inefficiently-shaped cases.

I do like red.

Edit: Just noticed rear rack and grab handles on the '19 are now black. Like this as they'll better blend in with aftermarket top case holders.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts