StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 770 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Remember, next Tuesday January 15th is the cut-off date that the Iron Horse has set-up for "Holding" all cabins/bunkhouse beds/rooms for Vstrommers. On Wednesday, they open Reservations up to the general biker public. Don't put it off.......make a Reservation NOW, then cancel later if you have something come up.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Remember, next Tuesday January 15th is the cut-off date that the Iron Horse has set-up for "Holding" all cabins/bunkhouse beds/rooms for Vstrommers. On Wednesday, they open Reservations up to the general biker public. Don't put it off.......make a Reservation NOW, then cancel later if you have something come up.
And don't be scared

I got my snoring fixed!!

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
So are former Troopers allowed?

It's been 10 years since I've been to an Iron Horse V-Strom rally. Always enjoyed it. My May has just opened up and I miss my old Iron Horse/Strom Rally days.

Dirt_Mom is telling she might go as well.

If you're not sure about letting me in, here's my resume.
Between Dirt_Mom and me we've owned 3 V-Stroms.
Last V-Strom rally I attended I lead a 13 Strom group ride (actually 11 stroms and 2 Harleys if you can believe it)
I still have 2 Suzukis in the garage (okay, one is an ATV, but it is a Suzuki).
This post will be my 5,408th post on Trooper.

So can I come?

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,147 Posts
Come on down! I will be there via the BMW and my Son will be there via the Super Tenere. There will be plenty of V Stroms there however.....

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
So are former Troopers allowed?

It's been 10 years since I've been to an Iron Horse V-Strom rally. Always enjoyed it. My May has just opened up and I miss my old Iron Horse/Strom Rally days.

Dirt_Mom is telling she might go as well.

If you're not sure about letting me in, here's my resume.
Between Dirt_Mom and me we've owned 3 V-Stroms.
Last V-Strom rally I attended I lead a 13 Strom group ride (actually 11 stroms and 2 Harleys if you can believe it)
I still have 2 Suzukis in the garage (okay, one is an ATV, but it is a Suzuki).
This post will be my 5,408th post on Trooper.

So can I come?
You’d better be coming, already have a spare cabin reserved if y’all want it? :wink2: Will this finally be the time you and I actually ride together, after being friends all these years? :grin2:

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts
I'm trying to come (just need to arrange the time off.)

It well be nice to meet some old and new friends!

I can give a seminar on Chain Maintenance and having your chain last over 50,000 MILES.

It will take about 20 seconds! :)

..Tom

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
You’d better be coming, already have a spare cabin reserved if y’all want it?
Will this finally be the time you and I actually ride together, after being friends all these years?

I'm coming. I filled out the form on the Iron Horse web site for a cabin before I even posted. May need to talk to you about details of your spare cabin before Iron Horse contacts me for a credit card. Love to take you up on your offer for the spare cabin. But...Dirt_Mom is telling me she is likely to go to the Strom Rally. One thing I know about DM, she's going to want me to get her a private bathroom. I may need to give you a call before Monday.

As for riding together...what is it now...? 9 years of attending the same events and never once riding through the same scenery at the same time. That's got to be some kind of record. Maybe we should break the streak.

I'm trying to come (just need to arrange the time off.)
I can give a seminar on Chain Maintenance and having your chain last over 50,000 MILES.

It will take about 20 seconds! :)

:mod2_clap: man, I love how some things never change. Really have missed catching up with you, Tom. Hope to see you there.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
Cabin is semi private Jon, my thought was perhaps y’all and Tom could split it? The bathroom “is a full and private bathroom, but shared between the other bedroom on the other side. Not sure any private cabins are left, but these are damn close to private.

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Thanks, Brian. I spoke with Iron Horse this morning and reserved their last lodge room.

Gives me a little more leverage on DM. Now she has to go since I'm paying $50 a night more to have her there vs taking your cabin. So far it's working. She tells me she's excited to go. That will be nice. She hasn't seen the Ohio crew since the very first Ohio Labor Day event you held.

Really looking forward to attending another V-Strom rally at Iron Horse. Lot's of good memories there for me.

·
Premium Member
2,770 Posts
Discussion Starter #54
I didn’t know we had to sign up for tent spots ? I sure I can find a spot in the grass.
EMT.......no "sign-up" with Iron Horse (yet) for tent camping.....just show up, plenty of space in the two camping areas. The Iron Horse WILL request you to fill out Dinner/Breakfast Menu's approximately 1 week before the event, but not yet.....they will contact you or look for it here on this thread. This gives them an idea of how much food to order..........and more importantly, how much COFFEE...!!!! They have told us in the past, the Vstrommers drink more coffee than any other group they host. At least you can say we are "No. 1" at something.......:fineprint:

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts
Cabin is semi private Jon, my thought was perhaps y’all and Tom could split it? The bathroom “is a full and private bathroom, but shared between the other bedroom on the other side. Not sure any private cabins are left, but these are damn close to private.
I'm in! I will take one of your cabins please. I don't think my wife is coming but have allow for the possibility.

Are your cabins booked for Thurs, Friday and Saturday nights? i am planning on being there Thurs eve. (It will be a 900 mile day.)

..Tom

·
Registered
104 Posts
This will be my first Eastern V-Strom Rally and first time at the Iron Horse. I'll be camping. Looking forward to putting faces and names together and all the gawking of the bikes.

·
Super Moderator
16,867 Posts
I'm in! I will take one of your cabins please. I don't think my wife is coming but have allow for the possibility.

Are your cabins booked for Thurs, Friday and Saturday nights? i am planning on being there Thurs eve. (It will be a 900 mile day.)

..Tom

Hey bud yup it's yours I just called IH, I'll give you the information in case you would like to put that room in your name/reservation. Cabin 3 mountainside rooms for you, and I'm in the creek side rooms of same cabin. I believe the room attached to your side is still available, you may want to confirm with IH? Also I am reserved Fri/Sat night so you will most certainly need to add Thursday night for you. :)

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
After a month of being furloughed I have "unfortunately" been picked up at a new UP location and probably won't be getting any time off this year. With that said my wife and I both plan on riding to the 2020 Rally.

Last year a few were more than generous with the sticker donations. So this year I will use that and cover the remaining cost of stickers, so they will be free of charge.

I am not opposed to doing Rally shirts again this year. Typically they run in the $15 range depending on participation (the more people the cheaper). Since I most likely won't be attending those with PayPal can send their portion when we get a definitive number. Otherwise I will see about having Mark handle the funds at the rally.

Shirt sign up sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/16coeuRZvbdUVNUrzwPmAr_uxTT0nUZTB9kW19H727RE/edit?usp=sharing
Just a reminder, if interested in a Rally t-shirt be sure and fill out the info at Buck83's link above.

·
Super Moderator
13,057 Posts
I went to this meet 5 or 6 times starting around 2007 or 2008. I really enjoyed it!

One thing I think would be nice to do (and maybe you are doing it now?) is to have name tags. There are lots of people I have chatted with here on Stromtrooper that I have never met face to face, others that I have met that I have a hard time recalling their real names or usernames.

I think it would be nice if around camp we wore name tags with usernames and perhaps real names. Those stick on label types would be easy to do and easy to use.

..Tom

41 - 60 of 770 Posts