StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
VStrom DL 1000XA 2019
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Bought new Dec 2020 and rode just under 13K Km's this summer

Two trips 1) to Prince Edward Island with my wife and son in her car two weeks 2) Tour of Lac St Jean 3 days alone!
The pictures below where taken before leaving for PEI and the second one where im on the bike is about 3 hours from home on way back.
VStrom - love the bike amazing engine/comfortable/ I like the weird look/price paid under $12K Cdn out the door
VStrom - hate about the bike: final chain drive (i hate cleaning and greasing the chain) just got a grease monkey gizmo and working on a splash guard for any excess oil grease when oiling the chain
List of Farkles and Equipment plus their rating out of 10
Suzuki OEM heated grips - A must 10/10 got the latest model
HJC RPHA 90 Modular helmet 8.5/10 comfortable/quite/love modular helmets
Revit S3 Jacket/Pants 9/10 very comfortable and cover a very wide range of temperature
Revit Boots you see on the picture - loved them but not water proof where returned for another brand that have a Goretex lining 9/10
Klim induction jacket and Klim jeans 10/10 great for when its hot
GPS - Zumo 396 9/10 hate the Garmin Basecamp 7/10 route planning tool - took me a long time to understand how to use it
Cardo Pactalk - 9/10 great to have and a must to get turn by turn from Zumo my orginal kit came with a faulty bracket phone fell 2/3 times was replace by Cardo when I decided to finally contact them Cardo customer service 10/10
Marstad winshield - 10/10 amazing results quality construction 8/10 hard to fit into adjustable brackets MUST discuss with them over the winter
SW Motech - Luggage/crash bars/tank bag / mirror extenders 10/10
Auxiliary lights Ledur found on Amazon 10/10 inexpensive good flood lights mounting brackets el cheapo got some new ones to be installed this winter
Adventure tech - Mounting bracket for GPS 10/10 Foot peg lowering kit 10/10 this is one on the best farkles added to the bike
Happy trails skid plate - a beast over the top for what i do but I like the look 10/10
Moose racing tail bag - water proof and Huge 10/10
Touratech side stand foot enlarger 10/10
Atlas Throttle Lock 8/10 good product however you have to adjust the throttle occasionally

Projects over the winter

1) Planning a trip to Newfoundland 2 weeks from Port aux Basques to St Johns covering all the Western section the north of the balance of the island (current plant)
2) modify stock seat with Luimoto Gel and the rounding of the seat edges
3) Installing a Adventure Tech light bracket for the lights below (will be slightly modified)
4) Installing a set of Denali D3 Spot lights
5) Installing an Admore 8'' rear brake modulating light bar light
6) Action Camera looking to get one to take pictures as I ride - down to about 4-5 products
7) Suspension next summer will be getting help from a local suspension expert in adjusting the bikes suspension/lag - I hope to avoid any expenses but its something I want to optimize on the bike!

I hope to ride more next year especially know that the US border is open Vermont here I come !

Attachments

·
Registered
VStrom DL 1000XA 2019
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Teleboy, glad to hear you liked my post, enjoy your knew ride !

Unfortunately the heated grips where installed by the dealer and I'm not knowledable with any of the electrical farkles added to the bike all electrical work is done my a mechanic that knows what his doing (I don't). Please use the search community in order to find help on the heated grips and their install, I would however say that they are an important add on!

Please take a look at the picture below - this is the model of heated grips that my dealer put on my bike - First the grips feel natural not oversized, two they don't have a large switch box that also takes room on your handle.

If you need any more input on any of the farkles on my ride let me know - FYI the SW Motech cases are easy to install (this is did myself)/ the Adventure tech foot peg lowering kit is also and easy install AND an amazing immediate improvement on the comfort of the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
VStrom DL 1000XA 2019
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Teleboy - was able to dig up the installation instructions: picture has the part # on the top right hand side ( N de piece 57100-28860 ) sorry but was unable to find the English page with this information. Good luck in your search !

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts