StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Administrator
16,802 Posts
Very nice, edging ever so closer to be a 1000 beater. All it needs now is ride by wire, electronic cruise control, and the brakes/suspension of the 1000. :smile2:

·
Registered
544 Posts
The 2019 650 xt comes in white w/ a blue stripe and blue rims. Kind of cool looking. And white and black for the 650 ABS.

And then the 650 xt touring in the red.

·
Premium Member
3,404 Posts
The white with blue trim and blue wheels is pretty. IMHO.
Nothing yet for the 2019 Vee.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Switch the white for silver, and you have yamaha's colours.

I would like to see something bold, like yellow (not fluo) wheels on a black bike.

·
Registered
11,531 Posts

·
Registered
544 Posts
Well it's a nice Red bike, But they tend to stick with way too much black. Motorcycles and riders need to be seen.
Not masked with darkness making it much easier for cars to cut you off and pull out in front of you.

One of the of the key reasons I purchased my 2017 650 was the color being white. At least you can see it even in the dark.

But yes the rest is too dark IMHO.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I think I'd stick with the standard 1000A for 2019 for the red but I like my 2014's anodized forks more. On the 2019 the silver accents all went to black or red. The V2 looks snazzier IMO. :)

Agreed. I'm still liking the '14 red over the '19 red. In my eye, the red '14 is sexy as as all get out. Wish I could have found a red one that ticked all the boxes when I was in the market for my V2.

The blue looks nice too, but on my mind, that shade blue would be a Yamaha color, the same as the bright yellow is a Suzy, Lime green is a Kawi, and the bright red or orangish red would be Honda. This, as far as bright colors go..

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well it's a nice Red bike, But they tend to stick with way too much black. Motorcycles and riders need to be seen.
Not masked with darkness making it much easier for cars to cut you off and pull out in front of you.

One of the of the key reasons I purchased my 2017 650 was the color being white. At least you can see it even in the dark.

But yes the rest is too dark IMHO.
In my opinion, color of the bike (in the case of 650 its only the gas tank) plays very small role in making rider visible.. Number one is your helmet color - preferably white or yellow. Number two is what you are wearing - preferably something with reflective stripes and so on. Number three are the extra things that make bike visible - reflective stripes, extra lights etc...

Finally, if a distracted driver makes a left turn in front of you, nothing matters other than your quick reaction...

·
Registered
470 Posts
Woo hoo! Just read they added hazard lights to the '19 (N. America)!

And a less exciting change...

• Engine cover hardware and select other fasteners are of a new design that permits the use of Torx or conventional hex-style tools
And perhaps a fuel map change? This is listed as a '19 feature, but no mention for previous model years.

• Using SV650 engineering, the V-Strom 650’s DOHC, liquid-cooled engine has been tuned to deliver clean, strong power at any rpm.
What could that mean?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Very nice, edging ever so closer to be a 1000 beater. All it needs now is ride by wire, electronic cruise control, and the brakes/suspension of the 1000. :smile2:
AFAIK, the 1000 doesn't have ride by wire or electronic cruise control, either.

The blue and white XT models look great, they should make that colour scheme available on the non-XT models.

·
Registered
470 Posts
The blue and white XT models look great, they should make that colour scheme available on the non-XT models.
You realize the only two blue things (tank paint stripe and spoke rims) are mostly what makes an XT an XT. Take off the hand guards and lower cowl and you have yourself the blue and white base model you're wishing for.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts