StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed Alt Rider Crash Bars on their 2018 Vstrom 650XT. The folks at Alt Rider can't seem to tell me if their crash bars will work on the XT; whether the bars will integrate with plastic cowling/skid plate that comes standard on XT. If you have photos, please post.
Thanks, oge1951

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Just installed some last week on my 2017 650. Took ten minutes. Very nicely done bars. Great welds, didn't have to fiddle with anything to install them. Nice hardware. You might ask if they have any seconds....

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So they worked well with stock black plastic cowling/skid plate? Any photos? I prefer the Alt Riders over GIVI, SW Motech because they're made of SS, rather than the softer "mild steel"
Thanks,
Tony J

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
I'm going to make a bracket to integrate with my Hyde Racing skid plate. Fits great around plastic with my Non XT 650. I"ll post a photo on the weekend.

·
Registered
469 Posts
So they worked well with stock black plastic cowling/skid plate?
I wanted these bars as well but went with the ones from Puig because I was certain they wouldn't fit with the plastic OEM cowling. It says on their page...

Crash bars will not fit Adventure model without special hardware and modification.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have the Puig also, but I had to cut a piece of plastic from the cowling. Mine its not the XT but I have the OEM hand guards and cowling.

·
Registered
469 Posts
I have the Puig also, but I had to cut a piece of plastic from the cowling. Mine its not the XT but I have the OEM hand guards and cowling.
Exact same situation here... OEM lower cowling and hand guards on non-XT 2017. I didn't have to cut anything to make the Puig guards fit. No modification needed.

·
Premium Member
593 Posts
Has anyone installed Alt Rider Crash Bars on their 2018 Vstrom 650XT. The folks at Alt Rider can't seem to tell me if their crash bars will work on the XT; whether the bars will integrate with plastic cowling/skid plate that comes standard on XT. If you have photos, please post.
Thanks, oge1951
Sorry to mislead you...I erroneously thought that the cowling by the tank was identical on the DL 650s. I have the base model, so perhaps there are fit issues with the alt rider bars.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts