StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Suzuki,

I am one among those people who brought the V Strom right after it was launched in India. I am happy about most of the things the bike can offer except for the ground clearance. What I am disappointed and keeps wondering is the service interval that you have planned for India. We have to service the bike every 4000 KMs or 4 months, which ever comes first.
This means
1. We cannot complete a trip from south to north without getting the bike serviced in between.
2. I am somebody who commutes for around 100 KMs every day. This means i will have to get my bike serviced every 40 days OR avoid taking the bike i love riding for my commutes.

Please consider making the service interval 6000KMs or 6 months for Suzuki big bikes in India.

-Sreejith

·
Registered
476 Posts
Is your concern about warranty? What is the law in India regarding warranty? For example here in the US I can do my own service and not lose the warranty.
I assume Suzuki was worried about dusty road conditions or some other usage/environmental factors for the average user when they decided to go to such short intervals in your country. But if you are just commuting on paved roads there is no reason it should need anything but the 12months/6000km service interval recommended in other countries.

·
Premium Member
803 Posts
Is your concern about warranty? What is the law in India regarding warranty? For example here in the US I can do my own service and not lose the warranty.
I assume Suzuki was worried about dusty road conditions or some other usage/environmental factors for the average user when they decided to go to such short intervals in your country. But if you are just commuting on paved roads there is no reason it should need anything but the 12months/6000km service interval recommended in other countries.
Just wondering how you prove you did the service? Is it only oil receipts that you can provide them? Seems to me you would need proof of certain things being checked by a Pro.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

We have to get the bike serviced at Suzuki service centres for warranty to not go void. I wonder how KTM has it every 7500KMs and Triumph has it every 16000KMs. If it is the dust or air quality, how are these bikes surviving?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
476 Posts
Just wondering how you prove you did the service? Is it only oil receipts that you can provide them? Seems to me you would need proof of certain things being checked by a Pro.
Magnusson-Moss law of 1975 in US says anyone can do any service, including the owner. Record-keeping is a good idea, to show it was done according to the manufacturers recommendations. I write down in the user manual when I did it and what exactly. The manufacturer cannot deny warranty based on this. Of course if I over-tighten the chain in the process and ruin a bearing then this is not covered under warranty.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts