StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
I checked out the new 1000 and 650 at the Dallas MC Show today Really nice bikes. I like the extras you get on the XT but do not like those gold rims.

Attachments

·
Registered
272 Posts
Has anyone seen or heard of pricing for Canada? Looked up dealer sites and Suzuki Canada and the price is TBA. Also, when searching Suzuki Canada site for dimension and weight specs on the 1000 again its TBA! What's up with that Suzuki? I can get full specs from your UK site and now the US site has prices. And to top it all off, one dealer is asking for deposits for the 2018 1000XT with no MSRP. Is this legal or just bad business. I think Suzuki is going to have a tough time keeping the price competitive in Canada. For those of us shopping this year not a good sign Suzuki.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Looks good... Nothing to make me trade in the '14 Vee 2, though. Still racking up the miles, weather permitting...

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ya, not sure why listed as 2018. I don't like the gold rims on the yellow bike. I prefer the black bike with gold rims, that would be a blast from the past. Black and gold, remember those days?

·
Registered
440 Posts
What happened to the 2017?

It's not listed or priced anywhere...
There is no 2017 DL1000. For some reason they decided to skip 2017 and label the new one as a 2018.

I was told by the Suzuki reps at the Dallas MC Show that the 650 will be in U.S. showrooms late February and the 1000 by May.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Uh Oh....Either I need to check my meds or Suzuki took the prices off their website for the '18 Vee.....I SAW the prices on there....now they're gone. Probably going to raise them already.

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
I wonder if it might get shaved a bit. Honda also hasn't released the 2017 Africa Twin pricing. A few hundred dollars one way or the other could hurt sales. Honda may be gearing up to blitz the competition.

·
Premium Member
2,568 Posts
Has anyone seen or heard of pricing for Canada? Looked up dealer sites and Suzuki Canada and the price is TBA. Also, when searching Suzuki Canada site for dimension and weight specs on the 1000 again its TBA! What's up with that Suzuki? I can get full specs from your UK site and now the US site has prices. And to top it all off, one dealer is asking for deposits for the 2018 1000XT with no MSRP. Is this legal or just bad business. I think Suzuki is going to have a tough time keeping the price competitive in Canada. For those of us shopping this year not a good sign Suzuki.
Canadian prices posted at the Vancouver Bike Show:

XT SE $15099
XT $14099

D

·
0 Posts
Uh Oh....Either I need to check my meds or Suzuki took the prices off their website for the '18 Vee.....I SAW the prices on there....now they're gone. Probably going to raise them already.
Yep, back to TBA. :confused:

650 prices still there.

·
Registered
357 Posts
The behavior of Suzuki lately is weird. Slow to market . Crazy pricing. They yap about complying with the NEW Euro Standards which may or may not hurt performance . May or may not hinder getting the product ready to sell . May or may not affect prices .......I hope they are not going "south" ...... like Victory.

·
Registered
357 Posts
We don't get an "SE" version here. Or at least it not on the U.S. website . We will get a DL1000 or a DL1000 XT . XT having wire wheels and tapered handlebars.

·
Registered
11,531 Posts
Look at new but previous years models. The prices get a lot closer.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts