StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 351 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Don, I second Spokes' opinion. Last year was my first year, and even though I showed up on an SV they were super friendly and welcoming. I only came Friday night through Sunday, and regretted not coming earlier to get Friday's ride in. Mark's also right, not rowdy, just super friendly folks who like to ride.

Best advice I can give is to book for at least Thurs night through Sunday if you can manage, and be willing to talk to people, get to know them, and about what rides have been set up. I'm really introverted around new people and didn't talk to too many people and wound up riding by myself (in part because I also had a specific route I wanted to do). Still met a few good people this year and hoping to have some riding mates.

·
Registered
260 Posts
OK, last reminder: book a Reservation before Monday if you can, otherwise the Iron Horse will open up all available rooms/bunkhouse beds to the General Biker Public. I'd rather share my bunkhouse with a Vstrommer any day (or night), instead of one of those TV Tuttle guys!!! :grin2:
I remember hearing years ago from TwoRs that you would share your bunk with just about anybody:)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #44 (Edited)
Dam........this thread dropped like the Hindenburg on its approach landing..........down in flames.
Scott.........I now see why you changed your forum name to "Corndog". Keep it up guys (no pun intended) and The BunkHouse #2 will be like the vintage SNL episode of Bad News Bees and Belushi..........Polishing stingers, Buzzing Off, and the such. You gonna give BH2 a reputation!!!

No wonder Spokes got a real cabin this time.......

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Last chance for the guys in bunkhouse #1 to make other reservations.

I have my reservations there and only stayed one night at the end last time. I have several trophies for snoring and all for the loudest snoring ever recorded. I noticed that when I awoke everyone had already left.....an honorable mention from the Atlanta airport where I was awakened so they could hear the planes coming in.

be warned

·
Registered
260 Posts
Dam........this thread dropped like the Hindenburg on its approach landing..........down in flames.
Scott.........I now see why you changed your forum name to "Corndog". Keep it up guys (no pun intended) and The BunkHouse #2 will be like the vintage SNL episode of Bad News Bees and Belushi..........Polishing stingers, Buzzing Off, and the such. You gonna give BH2 a reputation!!!No wonder Spokes got a real cabin this time.......

I apologize Mark444, I misspoke. I was warned to always keep one eye on Prowler!:)
I hope to get down the event this year, maybe at the end or start of a SM500 lap.

·
Premium Member
4,110 Posts

·
Registered
685 Posts
I loved that cabin me and the Mrs. shared last year but I'll probably be tenting it this year due to only being able to make the first 2 days.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I loved that cabin me and the Mrs. shared last year but I'll probably be tenting it this year due to only being able to make the first 2 days.
I'm going up Thursday if you want to ride up again. BTW you did put that crush washer on your oil plug right?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Yeah, I did. Actually, there were two there. Always check up inside when you think its missing. lol. I'll contact you as the date gets closer. Not sure if I'm heading up Wed, or Thursday.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I'll be arriving Wednesday late afternoon with bike in back of truck. I have an appointment to test ride a new Motus in Chattanooga Thursday. If anyone is around early Thursday morning, 9:00AM, and wants to ride out with me you are more than welcome. The dealer, Crocket Powersports, was eager to allow me a test drive and I'm sure anyone who came out with me could test drive one too.

Attachments

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,150 Posts
I may (probably) be there for the weekend but will be on the Tenere on my way to California.

Ummm...Kith, California is in the "other" direction from where you live?????

Of course, that may in fact be only a slight detour for you............

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I have an appointment to test ride a new Motus in Chattanooga Thursday. If anyone is around early Thursday morning, 9:00AM, and wants to ride out with me you are more than welcome. The dealer, Crocket Powersports, was eager to allow me a test drive and I'm sure anyone who came out with me could test drive one too.
Dangski!!!! OK, new Group Ride forming on Thursday.......to Chattanooga, kickstands up at 6:45AM (in order to beat Spokes to the dealership for a Motus Test Ride)..... he is still drinking his "Fancy Foo-Foo" Coffee at that time. So far, 38 riders have signed up......Spokes should get a 11 minute Test Ride at 4:48PM by then.......(Dealership closes at 5PM). :kiss:

(BTW.......the Motus are built right here in Burpinham, Bamaland. Maybe I could convince them to let me "bring one up" to the Rally?? Ahhhh........"NO".)

·
Premium Member
2,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #57 (Edited)
I contacted Pam at The Iron Horse Lodge about what rooms, cabins, beds were still open to Reserve for the Rally. I'm disappointed to see MANY "N/A"'s listed which tells me these rooms have been reserved by other motorcyclists other than our Vstrom Bunch. Guys, it's shaping up to be a low turn-out rally just by looking at the reservations, unless 80% attendees plan on tent camping (requires no reservation)?? I hope we cover up the two tent camping areas with Vstrom members/Guests. The month of May will be here before we know it.........don't wait!!

GROUP: V Strom DATE: May 17,18,19

UNITS NAME
Lodge 101 Justin Foust
Lodge 102 Richard Hine (aka "Starbucks")
Lodge 103 Roy Randorf (Stalky Tracker)
Lodge 104 Josh Franklin

101 David Mann
102 Shane Morgan
103 Ken Korn
104 OPEN

201 Pat Wisner
202 N/A
203 OPEN
204 N/A

301 N/A
302 Rusty Travis
303 N/A
304 N/A

401 Les Powell (Prowler)
402 N/A
403 N/A

Homestead, Rm 1 N/A
Homestead, Rm 2 N/A
Homestead, Rm 3 N/A

Lonestar I, Rm 1 N/A
Lonestar I, Rm 2 N/A
Lonestar I, Rm 3 N/A
Lonestar II, Rm 4 N/A
Lonestar II, Rm 5 N/A
Lonestar II, Rm 6 N/A

Rocky Top, Rm 1 N/A
Rocky Top, Rm 2 N/A
Rocky Top, Rm 3 N/A
Rocky Top, Rm 4 N/A
Rocky Top LR N/A

Hawg, Rm 1 OPEN
Hawg, Rm 2 N/A
Hawg, Rm 3 N/A
Hawg, Rm 4 OPEN

Bunkhouse 1,1 Clay Lovett
Bunkhouse 1,2 OPEN
Bunkhouse 1,3 OPEN
Bunkhouse 1,4 OPEN
Bunkhouse 1,5 David Phillips

Bunkhouse 2,1 Mark 444 (aka "Village Idiot")
Bunkhouse 2,2 Scott Bonds (Corndog)
Bunkhouse 2,3 Noah Pierce
Bunkhouse 2,4 Brandon Williamson

RV 1 N/A
RV 2 N/A
RV 3 OPEN
RV 4 N/A
RV 5 N/A

110-A OPEN
110-B OPEN
110-C OPEN
110-D OPEN
110-E N/A
110-F OPEN
110-G Bob & Lynne Singletary
110-H OPEN
110-I OPEN

Primitive Camping OPEN
Bill Kahle

ALSO........Pam requested...."Also, please remind your guys who primitive tent camp to contact us and get on the schedule so we get a good estimate of how many people will be here. Still no deposit required for primitive sites, but it slows up the process when they just walk-in unexpected. Thanks!

41 - 60 of 351 Posts