StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone with a 2018 1000XT with the larger tappered bars measure the diameter. My brother needs to order a set of risers and Twisted Throttle keeps telling him 7/8" which I know is wrong. I was looking at his bike this weekend and noticed it has a fat bar and I know it is not 7/8". Pretty sure it is 1 1/8" but can someone confirm this.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Can someone with a 2018 1000XT with the larger tappered bars measure the diameter. My brother needs to order a set of risers and Twisted Throttle keeps telling him 7/8" which I know is wrong. I was looking at his bike this weekend and noticed it has a fat bar and I know it is not 7/8". Pretty sure it is 1 1/8" but can someone confirm this.

Measure it at the clamps.

All bars are the same OD at the ends.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let’s just say he may not be that equipment savvy and leave it at that. Thought maybe some who had and a little more tool savvy could measure it.

Not need anymore. It was confirmed to be 1 1/8”. And the bar is tapered so the ends are not the same.

·
Registered
3,597 Posts
Let’s just say he may not be that equipment savvy and leave it at that. Thought maybe some who had and a little more tool savvy could measure it.

Not need anymore. It was confirmed to be 1 1/8”. And the bar is tapered so the ends are not the same.

The ends of the bars are 7/8" for both fat bars and regular bars. Have to be for the controls to fit.

Fat bars have thicker walls than 7/8" bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts