StromTrooper banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

I have a 2018 Vstrom 1000 scheduled to be delivered this week. I'm looking for advice on initial suspension setup.

I'm about 215 pounds, maybe 230 with all of the gear. Also, I'm 6'0" with a 32 inch inseam if that makes a difference.

Anybody who is about my size who has dialed in the stock suspension to give the best ride? I'm mostly a pavement rider.

If you could pass along your settings that would be really helpful. That way I can get out and ride the new machine with something better than whatever the factory happened to dial in.

Thanks,

Vinnie

·
Premium Member
2018 Vstrom 1000xt
17 Posts
Vinnie,
I see that you have not had any feedback on setup. I have a 2018 Vstrom that I recently bought. I am 6'2", 235#. The suspension per viewing other posts confirm that the spring rate and shocks are suitable for approx 165-185# riders. For us, it is inevitable that to bring out the best of the moto, you will have to aftermarket upgrade unless you can live with OEM. I am upgrading mine with a local business changing out custom springs, valving, and rear shock. Good Luck to you!

·
Premium Member
2018 Vstrom 1000xt
17 Posts
Vinnie,
I see that you have not had any feedback on setup. I have a 2018 Vstrom that I recently bought. I am 6'2", 235#. The suspension per viewing other posts confirm that the spring rate and shocks are suitable for approx 165-185# riders. For us, it is inevitable that to bring out the best of the moto, you will have to aftermarket upgrade unless you can live with OEM. I am upgrading mine with a local business changing out custom springs, valving, and rear shock. Good Luck to you!
Oh Boy, wish I would have seen the date of the original posting. Wish these posting would have a time line to expire and not pop up on forums. My bad!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts