StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm debating whether or not to buy the 2017 V-strom 650 or a tracer 700 and I'm having a little trouble making up my mind.

The Wee has traction control, 20 litre tank, comfy seat and would be brand new (yaaay no MOT for 3 years)

The tracer 700 looks better IMO and cheaper (I can get it second hand because because the year doesn't bother me)

I didn't include pro's that were shared by both bikes like ABS, fuel injection etc...

I'm honestly just looking for a year round reliable motorbike with the option for touring occasionally.

If anyone could help with their opinions, suggestions or any motorbikes I haven't thought of, thanks for any help.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
16,599 Posts
Reliability, and a very capable well respected touring machine "among other things".......is a V-Strom.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Never sat on that Yamaha (not available in North America) but I had FZ07 which comes with the same powerplant as Tracer 700. It's really a fun engine with lots of low end torque and truly fun to ride. That being said, I have no clue if T700 have a better suspension because FZ07's was pretty lame IMHO. Both bikes are reliable but for longer trips and touring around I'll vote for V-strom.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts