StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As I was getting ready to order my Sherpax Trailer from Kip-Moto I found that my muffler will be in the way. Has anyone upgraded their exhaust to make the trailer fit?

·
Registered
3 Posts
How did you figure that out. I was just about to order that trailer too. Did you see a picture or did you email the company?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Website has no listing for the 2017 650 so I emailed them and was told it's the muffler that will be in the way. I think it will work with all years up to 2011 though. I may still pull the trigger. They do make one I can swap between 2 other rides I have. Still sorting things out on possibly downsizing and adding an electric. So the trailer may be on hold being it may not work on the V-STROM. There's no way I'm getting rid of the V.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
May still be possible, I’m looking at options. Reply from Kip Moto

I don’t know if the SherpaX trailer will fit on the 2017 v storm 650 with the stock exhaust. If you have a aftermarket slip on it should work no problem. There needs to be 1-1/2” clearance between the end of the axle and the exhaust otherwise the hitch will contact the exhaust on suspension travel.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts