StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2017 V-Strom 1000 with the full Suzuki aluminium luggage and I am currently exploring slip-on exhaust options.

The issue I have is that majority (Scorpion in particular) look quite long compared to the standard exhaust and I have some concerns that the end of the exhaust will touch the bottom of the right side case. Most of the photos on the product pages are taken from an angle so it is quite difficult to get any reference as to whether there is likely to be a fitment issue.

I have searched around and found a few systems that make mention of being compatible with the Suzuki luggage, but I am making the assumption that this is the plastic "standard" luggage with the exhaust cut out on the right box. In this case, provided the angle is correct, in theory, the exhaust could be longer without any clearance issues.

I've spent a lot of time searching this and other forums, but haven't turned up anything.

Does anybody have the combination of the aluminium luggage system with a slip-on exhaust, that can offer any advice?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
On the 2014 bike there is a joint just before the muffler, the shape of that joint allows the muffler to easily be lowered/pivoted down.

You just need a extension bracket on the rear mounting point.

That should also be the case with your bike as it looks like they use the same slip-ons.

Reactions: Webfors

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
On the 2014 bike there is a joint just before the muffler, the shape of that joint allows the muffler to easily be lowered/pivoted down.

You just need a extension bracket on the rear mounting point.

That should also be the case with your bike as it looks like they use the same slip-ons.
^This

Alternatively you can look at stubby/short slip on options. I love my Dominator. I went with the full length round (aka cheapest) and it looks and sounds great and I have no clearance issues with my Givi luggage, both the commuter 22's and my larger Trekker 46's.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
I run with Givi Trekker 33's and a Scorpion slip on all in standard trim but I use a extension bit to lower the slip on when I use my soft luggage.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts