StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to start thinking about the 2017 Eastern V-Strom Rally (May 18 - 21) and the Slow Speed Race. I will be running the race again this year with assistance from ????. I think it's a safety issue; I entered in 2014 and they saw how bad I did and were concerned for the safety of the spectators.

It's a great event and an opportunity to show your riding prowess. Anyone can ride fast but only the experts can ride slow.

I understand the event started back in 2012. The winner that year was "NC Hillbilly". In 2013 a Women's Division was added. The winners that year were "Turtle" in the Men's Division and "Trooperette" in the Women's Division.

The 2014 winners:

The 2015 winners:

The 2016 winners:

The 2017 winner could be you.

The winners get a gorgeous trophy. Think Stanley Cup, eh! Ok, maybe not that big or that shiny but really nice anyway.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
How about a show of hands for those interested in participating in the Slow Speed Race at the 2017 Eastern V-Strom Rally, May 18 - 21. It will be held at the Iron Horse MC Lodge on Saturday, starting around 4:30 - 5:00 PM, in the Lodges parking lot. We will have both a Men's Division and a Women's Division. Open to all attendees and motorcycles (excluding trikes and hacks).

The event & course will be similar to previous years; about 60 feet long, with a wooden bridge (bump), and some curves. Multiple runs, usually three, and we'll record your best (slowest) time. Foot touch and the run is over with no time recorded.

Awards will be made Saturday night in the Lodge following dinner.

It's a fun event with serious bragging rights as the "Slowest V-Strom Rider in the East". Plus the winners receive a gorgeous trophy.

In addition, the first ten (10) participants to sign-up on-line will receive a special bonus gift.

If you would like to participate, please post your forum name (or real name) and state/province (optional) below .......... by copying and pasting (not "Quote") the list below:

2017 Eastern V-Strom Rally Slow Speed Race Entries:

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
etc.

·
Registered
186 Posts

1 - mark444........I missed last year, can't wait to try again this year!!!!!!! Pelham (B'ham), Alabamie
2 - griff010.....First time. Looking forward to making a fool of myself.
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -

·
Registered
325 Posts
Stalky Tracker - I am ready to help you out with this event. I will find you before 4:30 Saturday. I won't be entering the event. PM me if you want to give me instructions or a time and place to meet up Saturday.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, Spokes. PM coming your way shortly.

Come on Ladies and Gents, it is just around the corner.

If you would like to participate, please post your forum name (or real name) and state/province (optional) below .......... by copying and pasting (not "Quote") the list below:

1 - mark444........I missed last year, can't wait to try again this year!!!!!!! Pelham (B'ham), Alabamie
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
etc.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Come on Ladies and Gents, it is just around the corner. Only three weeks away, so sign up now. The first ten (10) get a bonus gift.

3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
etc.

D

·
0 Posts

3 - Dave T. <--- bad a$$ MF'er balancing like a trails rider! Representin' MN yo!
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
etc.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There's still time. :fineprint:

3 - Dave T. <--- bad a$$ MF'er balancing like a trails rider! Representin' MN yo!
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
etc.

·
Registered
705 Posts
4 -strom lurker....cuz someone's got to be in last place. I will represent the Philadelphia Eagles...cuz they suck!
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 -
14 -
15 -
etc.

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Come on Ladies and Gents, it is just around the corner. Only one week away, so sign up now. The first ten (10) get a bonus gift.

1 - mark444 (B'ham, Bama)........I will represent the Hoover Vac's.......cuz they REALLY suck!! And I'm old and slow......
2 -strom lurker....cuz someone's got to be in last place. I will represent the Philadelphia Eagles...cuz they suck!
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

·
Registered
159 Posts
I would do this Mark but you know me and slow, Ride to hospital, splint on leg, 3 months off work, surgery and then pay the bills. Worst part is no motorcycle in the best months of the year. I will pass. Unless I can use training wheels or 2 very nice looking girls alongside to keep me from falling over, Scratch that last one I do not need the extra distractions.
Guys and gals it is really fun, I did it once and had fun. >:) RIGHT!

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
I would do this Mark but you know me and slow, Ride to hospital, splint on leg, 3 months off work, surgery and then pay the bills. Worst part is no motorcycle in the best months of the year. Guys and gals it is really fun, I did it once and had fun. >:) RIGHT!
Les........we need to clarify for the new attendees that your injuries did not happen during the SS Race, but out riding across a slippery-as-snot wet, wooden bridge on a dirt road somewhere in Tn/NC. And........you were not the only casualty on the bridge!! :grin2:

·
Registered
159 Posts
But Mark, that is not as dramatic as what they were thinking. We learned in 2015 that "Prowler" and "Slow" do not go good together. Really I just do not like anything with the word slow in it. The slow speed race is fun to watch but not in my skill sets. As Mark said, my incident did not happen in the Slow Speed Race but out in the N.C. boonies. Can't imagine what damage I could do on hard pavement going slow with lots of neat stuff to run into/over.:yikes:
Prowler

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Come on Ladies and Gents, it is just around the corner. Only days away, so sign up now. The first ten (10) get a bonus gift.

1 - mark444 (B'ham, Bama)........I will represent the Hoover Vac's.......cuz they REALLY suck!! And I'm old and slow......
2 - strom lurker....cuz someone's got to be in last place. I will represent the Philadelphia Eagles...cuz they suck!
3 - Ratbikerandy - first timer
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -

1 - 15 of 15 Posts