StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone installed bulbs and relay that they like?

I am going nutso looking at all the different bulbs out there and, being a lazy old git ;) , wondered if anyone has already done so on the 2017 and what bulbs/relay they used.
So what bulbs did you buy and what relay did you install on their 2017. Oh! And was the relay a plug and play or did you need to install the "green wire".

Thanks in advance......(y)

·
Registered
786 Posts
I got led replacement bulbs from Superbright LEDs. they are DOT spec color and have excellent fit in the sockets. Some brands can have a sloppy fit that hinders contact with the sockets or too large for the housing/lens.
Fast shipping, too. They have no replacement for the stock led taillight/brakelight. I replaced all the "little" bulbs with theirs.
For headlight bulbs, I got these for the lo & hi beams. They do sell individual bulbs. Fitment is a real challenge, but not impossible.

Reactions: Philbytx

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mpsych(y),
I will replace all 4.....did you have to change the relay because of hyperflashing?

·
Registered
786 Posts
Thanks Mpsych(y),
I will replace all 4.....did you have to change the relay because of hyperflashing?
I PM'ed @Philbytx with a full description of what I did. The short version is install a device like this which is simpler and neater than wiring in resistors for each socket.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Philbytx -- Easiest is to just replace the relay. Cheaper and easier than doing your own wiring, or wiring in a load equalizer of some kind. Simply plug & play. That's what I did on my 2015 DL650A. Cost me ~$10.

According to Partzilla, your 2017 DL650A uses the this relay: Suzuki 38610-06F00 RELAY ASSY, TURNSIGNAL LAMP. It also fits the following models and components.

Just find an LED-compatible relay that fits your bike (or one of those below) and swap it out. I'd link the one I used, but my 2015 uses a different relay.

Suzuki Scooters 2018 BURGMAN 400 - AN400A Front Combination Lamp
Suzuki Motorcycle 2018 GSX-R1000Z TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2018 GSX-R1000R TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2018 GSX-R1000A TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2019 KATANA - GSX250R TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2018 SV650 TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2017 SV650L7 TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2017 GSX-R1000AL7 TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2017 GSX-R1000L7 TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2017 SV650AL7 TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2018 V-STROM - DL650A TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2018 SV650A TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2018 V-STROM - DL650XA TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2015 V-STROM 1000 - DL1000AL5 TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2017 DL650XAL7 TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2014 V-STROM - DL1000AL4 TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2017 DL650AL7 TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2016 V-STROM 1000 - DL1000AL6 TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2018 V-STROM - DL1000A TURNSIGNAL LAMP
Suzuki Motorcycle 2018 V-STROM - DL1000XA TURNSIGNAL LAMP

·
Administrator
6,356 Posts
Swapping the relay for an LED suitable one is by far the easiest solution. Just be aware that the hyper-flashing is a designed in safety feature to warn you when one of your OEM bulbs fails so regularly check that all your LED indicators are working.

I believe that this one, or one like it, fits your bike. https://www.amazon.com/Dewhel-0-02A...1P4XNEQGRG4&psc=1&refRID=WYKQWW31D1P4XNEQGRG4

Earlier v-stroms use a 7 pin unit like this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Anyone installed bulbs and relay that they like?

I am going nutso looking at all the different bulbs out there and, being a lazy old git ;) , wondered if anyone has already done so on the 2017 and what bulbs/relay they used.
So what bulbs did you buy and what relay did you install on their 2017. Oh! And was the relay a plug and play or did you need to install the "green wire".

Thanks in advance......(y)
I installed LED turn signal / running lights on the rear of my 2020 650XT. Changing to LED will cause hyperflashing.
I removed the oem flasher and installed a LED compatible flasher unit. I sourced the flasher and bulbs form Superbright LED. Flasher p/n CF12ANL-01. this was direct plug and play on my 2020 which uses a two terminal flasher labeled "B" and "L". New flasher fits in same space as the oem.
This flasher is compatible with any combo of LED and incandescent bulbs. I have not changed my front signals to LED yet. No issues. my first post, not sure if i correctly added a pic of the oem and LED flasher units. Red

·
Registered
948 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Firstly, thank y'all for your wisdom (y)
Wow! What a difference.....very happy with the bulbs and the flasher. Everything was plug and play except for one quirk. The flasher relay required turning the Suzuki flasher plug wires 180 so the B mark on the flasher matched the wire. Although the relay has an adjustment for flasher rate, I didnt need to make any changes. Very pleased with the conspicuity now😎

1 - 10 of 10 Posts