Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning

I just changed my 2006 Vstrom for a brand new 2016 Vstrom 1000. I'm can't wait for the snow to melt to pick it up at the dealership! (Yeah! Still some snow in Quebec!)

Is there someone among you that would know where I could get the workshop manual for this version of the VStrom? I can find the workshop manual for my 2006 but can't find anything for the new 2016?

Some help from all of you would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
103 Posts
I purchased a manual from the Suzuki dealer I bought vstrom from, don't remember exact price but it was between $80 - $100.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I'm gonna be my next step, ask my dealership. I was just hoping to find a version online, like a digital copy. But can't find anything. Is not like I didn't Google for it. Just wandering if I'm using the right keywords!

Thanks

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,422 Posts
That's what I'm gonna be my next step, ask my dealership. I was just hoping to find a version online, like a digital copy. But can't find anything. Is not like I didn't Google for it. Just wandering if I'm using the right keywords!

Thanks
Digital copy? You mean pay someone for a stolen item. While the factory service manuals are not cheap, they are very well done and it takes a LOT of work to build the data and pictures for them. And they certainly are not a high volume item so cost per piece is a bit high. Support those that do this work. If not, then you will find Suzuki and others simply not making these manuals available for sale to the public. I wouldn't blame them at all.

The factory service manual will be bound all around in heavy paper. If you see something with plastic edges on the binding it is a stolen copy. I am not aware of any online versions, factory supported or not.

Reactions: noroads

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The dealer and these two sites are the only ones I know of for sure that sell genuine Suzuki factory manuals.

Genuine Suzuki Manuals
2014-2016 Suzuki DL1000A V-Strom Motorcycle Service Manual

If you find an after market supplier like Haynes, a 2014-2016 model year would be applicable to your bike. Online manuals are pirated and anyone posting a link to one can be banned for copyright infringement.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I found the genuine Suzuki article online for $39, but I can't remember where I got it. Just have to hunt around. So far, it's not been that useful to me, but I'm glad to have it.

·
Administrator
17,362 Posts
I found the genuine Suzuki article online for $39, but I can't remember where I got it. Just have to hunt around. So far, it's not been that useful to me, but I'm glad to have it.
Not genuine.....not for that price you didn't unless you bought it used, what you got was a genuine copy.

·
38,103 Posts
A genuine manual is book bound with a glued spine. A manual with plastic or metal binding or loose leaf is pirated.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,422 Posts
If it has a clear plastic sheet over the cover, it is a stolen copy. I have seen the "Genuine" $39 manuals. They were pirated copies. Maybe that is why you cannot find them now.......:wink2:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Congrats on the new bike Bruneau. The good news is , It's a V-Strom.... you won't need a repair manual for a long time. They should be available by the time you really need it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Digital copy? You mean pay someone for a stolen item. While the factory service manuals are not cheap, they are very well done and it takes a LOT of work to build the data and pictures for them. And they certainly are not a high volume item so cost per piece is a bit high. Support those that do this work. If not, then you will find Suzuki and others simply not making these manuals available for sale to the public. I wouldn't blame them at all.

The factory service manual will be bound all around in heavy paper. If you see something with plastic edges on the binding it is a stolen copy. I am not aware of any online versions, factory supported or not.
Nope! Not illegal copy, digital copy. They are not synonyms! I like having it on my tablet so I can make annotations and put bookmarks.

Envoyé de mon SM-T813 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Congrats on the new bike Bruneau. The good news is , It's a V-Strom.... you won't need a repair manual for a long time. They should be available by the time you really need it.
Lol! You're right! I like having the manual to get all the part numbers, the torque specs, etc.

Envoyé de mon SM-T813 en utilisant Tapatalk

·
38,103 Posts
Any online digital copy of the Suzuki factory service manual is pirated. Suzuki does not furnish digital copies except for a CD available in some European countries. Suzuki holds a copyright on the manual and does not allow reproduction. See http://www.stromtrooper.com/rules-forum-support-help-information-[not-motorcycle-related-questions]/48470-rules.html

Since any laxity on the part if this site in the area of copyright law can get the site in real legal trouble, we take the subject seriously. Do not ask for a copy you can put on your tablet here.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.