StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's time to start thinking about the 2016 Eastern V-Strom Rally (May 12 - 15) and the Slow Speed Race. I will be running the race again this year with assistance from Mark444 and Fire Fox. I think it's a safety issue; I entered in 2014 and they saw how bad I did and were concerned for the safety of the spectators. :laugh2:

It's a great event and an opportunity to show your riding prowess. Anyone can ride fast but only the experts can ride slow.

The event started back in 2012. The winner that year was "NC Hillbilly". In 2013 a Women's Division was added. The winners that year were "Turtle" in the Men's Division and "Trooperette" in the Women's Division.

The 2014 winners:

The 2015 winners:

The winners get a gorgeous trophy. Think Stanley Cup, eh! Ok, maybe not that big or that shiny but nice.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
How about a show of hands for those interested in participating in the Slow Speed Race at the 2016 Eastern V-Strom Rally, May 12 - 15. It will be held at the Iron Horse MC Lodge on Saturday, starting around 4:30 - 5:00 PM, in the Lodges parking lot. We will have both a Men's Division and a Women's Division. Open to all attendees and motorcycles (excluding trikes and hacks).

The event & course will be similar to previous years; about 60 feet long, with a wooden bridge (bump), and some curves. Multiple runs, usually three, and we'll record your best (slowest) time. Foot touch and the run is over with no time recorded.

Awards will be made Saturday night in the Lodge following dinner.

It's a fun event with serious bragging rights as the "Slowest V-Strom Rider in the East". Plus the winners receive a gorgeous trophy.

In addition, the first twelve (12) participants to sign-up will receive a special bonus gift.

If you would like to participate, please post your forum name (or real name) and state/province (optional) below .......... by copying and pasting (not "Quote") the list below:

2016 Eastern V-Strom Rally Slow Speed Race Entries:

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
etc.

·
Registered
185 Posts

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 - SPlank (Scott)
13. mark444 (using a new ride....he he he!!!)
etc.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts

1 -

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

11 - NyMeTsFaN912 (John)

12 - SPlank (Scott)

etc.

·
Registered
159 Posts

1 - Prowler

2 -

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 -

11 - NyMeTsFaN912 (John)

12 - SPlank (Scott)

etc.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hey Prowler, did you notice on the eastern gathering web page mark444 made that you'll be putting on a stunt show haha!! I seen that last night for the first time and it took me a second to realize what was going on there. Let's hope you stay stunt free this year.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I'm In.

1 - Prowler

2 - DSRider650 (Ethan)

3 -

4 -

5 -

6 -

7 -

8 -

9 -

10 - DSRider650 (Ethan)

11 - NyMeTsFaN912 (John)

12 - SPlank (Scott)

etc.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Come on folks, the event is getting closer, lets sign up now and avoid the rush. We need some ladies to sign-up too; Trooperette, Lynn, Marylu, foxy, others ........ ?

The winners (both Men's & Women's Divisions) get serious bragging rights as the "Slowest V-Strom Rider in the East", a gorgeous trophy, and now a big CASH award too. Yep, a CASH award for both Men's and Women's winner from an anonymous benefactor.

In addition, the first twelve (12) participants to sign-up will receive a special bonus gift.

If you would like to participate, please post your forum name (or real name) and state/province (optional) below .......... by copying and pasting (not "Quote") the list below:

1 - Prowler
2 - DSRider650 (Ethan)
3 - NyMeTsFaN912 (John)
4 - SPlank (Scott)
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 - mark444 (using a new ride....he he he!!!)
14 -
15 -

·
Registered
258 Posts
Are three-wheeled Stroms allowed?:wink2:

Attachments

·
Registered
159 Posts
Like Korny asked, can I use my training wheels? I have already proven I can't ride slow, the results are never good. I will try though with medical card in hand and paramedics standing by.
The stunt show will be a short event, kinda like a suicide bomber thing, "I can only show you this one time so watch carefully". Gosh you fall down one time in over a million miles and NO ONE lets you forget it. :wink2:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hey Prowler,
A stunt show sounds like fun.
Maybe I could demonstrate a sidecar wheelie. (Haven't done a nosie yet.
I am looking forward to another great gathering.

·
Registered
488 Posts
I guess I'll give it a try this year :surprise:

1 - Prowler
2 - DSRider650 (Ethan)
3 - NyMeTsFaN912 (John)
4 - SPlank (Scott)
5 - mullerjd (Jeremy)
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10 -
11 -
12 -
13 - mark444 (using a new ride....he he he!!!)
14 -
15 -

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Race = $$$$$$$........

Did no one see Roy's comment on a CASH PRIZE to the winner of the Race?? If it's as much as last year's amount, it will be enough $$$ to pay for your "beverages" for the weekend.......and probably enough for your buddies' suds too...!!! Don't be shy......it is ALOT of FUN and cost nothing. Roy stated the first 12 Sign-Ups get an automatic sign-up prize.
Maybe we need a North vs South Rivalry Contest........paging Big B to the white courtesy phone. Richland Rick, please sign in.........how about you "dirt-oriented guys"....should be a piece of cake for y'all...!!!
Copy and Paste the List (along with the instructions), then add your name......

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hey Prowler,

A stunt show sounds like fun.

Maybe I could demonstrate a sidecar wheelie. (Haven't done a nosie yet.

I am looking forward to another great gathering.

Korny,

I'll give you a call Thursday the 12th sometime. I'm probably going to leave very early Thursday morning and will be there either that night or early Friday if I get tired and need to get a room. Talk to you soon bud.

·
Administrator
17,546 Posts
Did no one see Roy's comment on a CASH PRIZE to the winner of the Race?? If it's as much as last year's amount, it will be enough $$$ to pay for your "beverages" for the weekend.......and probably enough for your buddies' suds too...!!! Don't be shy......it is ALOT of FUN and cost nothing. Roy stated the first 12 Sign-Ups get an automatic sign-up prize.
Maybe we need a North vs South Rivalry Contest........paging Big B to the white courtesy phone. Richland Rick, please sign in.........how about you "dirt-oriented guys"....should be a piece of cake for y'all...!!!
Copy and Paste the List (along with the instructions), then add your name......
I am nursing some busted up ribs "laid down the Strom last weekend off road", so I will just be happy to attend at this point. :smile2:

·
Administrator
17,546 Posts
No way dude...And you're still coming to the rally? And Romney?
Yup.......but won't be as active as I would like to be. I figured that ice, Vicodin/Percocet, and bourbon can all help get me through. :grin2:

1 - 20 of 33 Posts