StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Stromers,
trying to sell my never used lockable OEM luggage set to a colleague but now encountering an issue with keying of locks. My set is keyed to my (ignition) key(luggage came with bike, ADV model), my friend contacted Suzuki hotline and was told that the locks are not rekeyable. I remember, on my BMW R100GS OEM luggage the key cylinders were replaceable/rekeyable....It appears not so with Suzuki luggage locks. Is the only way out of this, to get a duplicate of my ignition key made and then sold with my luggage set ? Has anyone out there been in a similar situation, if yes, then I would like to hear from you. What was the solution ?

Thanks, Juergen

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
Juergens, the locks are available 2 ways.
Luggage lock set is 95700-31870. You'll need 2 for the side cases and one for the top case if you have one. Price is $51.02 each. They will not match your seat, ignition, or fuel cap locks.
The complete lock set is 37101-31870. This set consists the seat lock, fuel cap/lock assembly, ignition lock assembly, and the 3 lock cylinders for the side cases and top case. $232.96. If you want all the locks on your bike to match and operate with the same key, this is the way to go from Suzuki.
Prices are from MRCycle.com

It's possible, not a certainty that a locksmith may be able to re-key the lock cylinders, no guarantee on that.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
When in doubt, call your local dealership! But doesn't he have the extra set that came with his bike?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts