StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
22,265 Posts
What's the latest info and choices for darkside and double darkside? :bom_huh2:
what type of riding ? primarily highway and paved road commuting

high % of gravel roads ?

I am very interested in what double darksiders have been using for a 19" hoop or does it require a conversion to a 17 up front

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
On my third Sumitomo on the Strom.
Paved, gravel.....whatever comes along.
Also use a DS tire on my Yamaha RSTD.
Don't anticipate ever going back to MC tires for the rear.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I'd love slush/snow/ice/halite-goo darkside recommendations while folks are at it. I'm currently looking at General Altimax Arctic 205/50R17 rear and K60-plus-studs front, (on a 2012 DL650A).

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
No, it's a rear cycle tire front/ car tire rear combo. :fineprint:
I ran that combo on my RSTD for 30K, then when the CT was replaced, I took the HD rear(WWW) that I was running on the front (running backwards) and put it on the back of my xs650 bobber. WWW don't ya know?

·
Registered
22,265 Posts
I'd love slush/snow/ice/halite-goo darkside recommendations while folks are at it. I'm currently looking at General Altimax Arctic 205/50R17 rear and K60-plus-studs front, (on a 2012 DL650A).
I haven't tried studs in a chevron treaded tire, are the treads deep enuf for studs ?

the Altimax Arctic works for sure, I ran a studded Karoo T up front, now that they are obsolete, I'm leaning toward studding a Mitas E-10 Dakar for the front

notice I did not stud the outer knobs, my theory is that I won't be leaning that far on snow/ice, and when I am leaning that far on dry pavement, I want rubber on the road, not studs

·
Registered
319 Posts
Just ordered a 205/50r17 blizzak. Wondering if anyone has tried it out yet. I know it's a good snow tire for cars. I'm really just looking at cold traction not so much snow, at least not deep snow. More than likely plan on going back either a 705 or the 804 for next summer.

·
Registered
201 Posts
Just ordered a 205/50r17 blizzak. Wondering if anyone has tried it out yet. I know it's a good snow tire for cars. I'm really just looking at cold traction not so much snow, at least not deep snow. More than likely plan on going back either a 705 or the 804 for next summer.

What year/model bike are you planning to mount this tire on?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
319 Posts
What year/model bike are you planning to mount this tire on?

I mounted it on my 09 DL650. Initially had some clearance issues with the chain but I was running it loose anyways, so I've tightened it and it is pretty much cleared up. Have to say I'm loving the tire especially on the hwy it feels like I added a shock to the bike. Very planted feeling even in the corners surprisingly. If everything keeps going like this it might never come off.

·
Registered
201 Posts
I mounted it on my 09 DL650. Initially had some clearance issues with the chain but I was running it loose anyways, so I've tightened it and it is pretty much cleared up. Have to say I'm loving the tire especially on the hwy it feels like I added a shock to the bike. Very planted feeling even in the corners surprisingly. If everything keeps going like this it might never come off.

Excellent information. Thank you!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts