StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi Everyone,

It's about that time to get this thread going so here it goes...
I'll follow much of the similar things we did last year, because that seemed to work pretty well. That said, if anyone has any suggestions, please chime in, because I am open to changing anything from the date, to the routes or the lunch spot.

Date: Saturday May 7th - open to alternate date suggestions.....
(Last year it coincided with the Romney event, so I would suggest that this year it be on a different weekend, especially so that any of the Foreign Legion who head to Romney can also come to this and share their lies. Romney is from April 29-May1st.
Many of us are also going to the Bancroft lunch ride on April 10, so I might suggest that the Spring Ride is the weekend after Romney, on Saturday May 7. Normally we do this spring ride on a Sunday I think, but the Sunday May 8th is Mothers Day and I think many others may have problems with that date too. I hope Tom and others aren't working on the Saturday)

Meeting spot - ready to leave by 8:30am - Tim Hortons/Esso Station at corner of Essa Rd & Bryne Drive: https://goo.gl/maps/3m4kB

Lunch Spot: Crossroads in the heart of Muskoka area at the corner of the 141/Muskoka Rd#3

Routes: I will probably make some changes to the routes below, because they are the exact same as last year - unless you all enjoyed the routes last year and would like to do it again. A stop at the Windermere dock is on the list as well as bathroom stops.

Morning Route: http://goo.gl/maps/204vc - 2.5hrs w/ 2 possible stops

Afternoon Route: https://goo.gl/maps/qEOZx - 4 hrs with a few stops - last year we left the restaurant and decided against riding up and along Hwy518, which made the afternoon route closer to 2.5 hours. I left the Hwy518 portion of the route in here anyways and if we need to drop it off, we can just do what we did last year.

Once the date and route details are sorted out, I can make the lunch reservation and do up GPX files for anyone interested.

Cheers!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Nice Ride

That's a nice run! I'll be there, if not too fried from slabbing it back from Romney.
If Mom says it's OK... :kiss:

·
Registered
100 Posts
I think I'm working. Darn. Could use an orange or two.
Happy spring everybody.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
Supporting the Tradition

I look forward to the long ride to Ontario, and the familiar ride around
the lakes and cottages. I wonder if I will see some Tiny Houses either en route to the Great White North or in Muskoka. I have been studying them and I find them fascinating.

I will bring oranges and some trinkets. If you see something you
want from Harbor Freight, and it's not too bulky, please let me know.

Best wishes from Florida!
Keith

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Last year it coincided with the Romney event, so I would suggest that this year it be on a different weekend, especially so that any of the Foreign Legion who head to Romney can also come to this and share their lies.
No lies Shane....most of the stories around the Romney campfire are about YOU

Thanks for the consideration on the date change....I should be able to make the run, and I hope most of the others as well.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Thanks for getting this started again Shane.
Still haven't been able to spring the bike to be able to make Bancroft this weekend, but then I was diving through more flurries again this morning so...
Always look forward to the Windermere run and happy to see everyone to kick off the season. The date is booked on the calendar now.

Cheers

·
Registered
323 Posts
spring ride

Hello Shane, Been a while ,Lookin like I will try and make it down for the spring ride .I have saturdays off now from work so the date should not be a problem ...looking forward to seeing you all again ...Ill let you know for sure if I will make down ....

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Saturday??
Blast, I hadn't read that properly before as these things are normally on a Sunday.
Not so sure I can work around the Saturday schedule so I am down only as a "maybe" for the first time since 2007.
Still hope to make it.

Cheers

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Well...spoke too soon.
Saddened to say I'm out of it this time after all. No escaping some things. :-(
Hope the weather holds up and everyone has a safe ride.

Cheers
R

·
Registered
42 Posts
I haven't made it out for a spring ride for a few years but if the weather is looking good I will definitely make an effort. I'll mark the calendar this time so I don't forget.

·
Premium Member
2,355 Posts
I am sorry to disappoint people who were expecting fresh Florida oranges,
but I will not be attending this ride after all. I have several reasons,
and I am glad that my health is not one of them.

I hope to see the Ontario Stromtroopers on another occasion in 2016,
and I also hope to attend a Spring Ride in the future.

Y'all have fun!
Keith

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Sorry you won't be able to be there Keith - this ride was spurred on by you and our lusting for oranges - we will miss you!

So who's coming? I'll make a reservation on Thursday for our group.
Based on the previous posts, I have:
Myself
Rick123
Philstrom - maybe
Alpster87 - maybe
TFlash - maybe
TOScootz - maybe
Forest Cop - maybe

1 - 20 of 32 Posts