StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to put a deposit on a 2015 VStrom 1000 but I thought I'd ask the forum for some feedback first.

My plan is to take a two month cross country trip next summer. I'm 6'1" and I weight about 230. I've ridden bikes for years.

I don't really care about off road but I like the look of Dual Purpose bikes. Plus I want a bike where I can find dealers if I need them. I've read just about everything about every bike in the category and I'm set on the V1000.

Does anyone know if there are any issues with 2015 models I need to be aware of.

All comments and feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
If you "don't really care about off road", before you pull the trigger I would definitelly checked (if you haven't done it already) new 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000. So far it gets better reviews then V Strom and Yamaha FJ-09 placing #1 in front of Yama and Suzi last.

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
If you "don't really care about off road", before you pull the trigger I would definitelly checked (if you haven't done it already) new 2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000. So far it gets better reviews then V Strom and Yamaha FJ-09 placing #1 in front of Yama and Suzi last.

I actually almost purchased the 2015 Versys 1000LT. They had one in all black at the dealer I bought my Dl1000 from. What stopped me is literally $100 more per month to finance it but yet both bikes were the same price. ImageUploadedByMO Free1448442659.175584.jpg
This was it. It was fully equipped.

·
Registered
650 Posts
I'd like to put a deposit on a 2015 VStrom 1000 but I thought I'd ask the forum for some feedback first.

My plan is to take a two month cross country trip next summer. I'm 6'1" and I weight about 230. I've ridden bikes for years.

I don't really care about off road but I like the look of Dual Purpose bikes. Plus I want a bike where I can find dealers if I need them. I've read just about everything about every bike in the category and I'm set on the V1000.

Does anyone know if there are any issues with 2015 models I need to be aware of.

All comments and feedback appreciated.
Short answer re issues- no.
You buy the DL1000 and I bet you , you will have it LONG after your 2 month trip ;)

·
Registered
86 Posts
watch out for the dreaded "idle hammer" i was going to buy a 2015 model so took a test ride , i,m afraid i couldnt live with that knocking and went for the 650 ..you could also look at the 1200 tenere ..no chain to adjust ?

·
Registered
746 Posts
Zero issues with mine in 26000 km.
Love it.FJ 09 felt tiny to me (6'4" 275lbs).
I never checked out the Ninja, though I seriously doubt the price would have been close.
Got my 14 standard version for $10500 CDN plus tax. (about $7900 US) in March of this year.

·
Registered
7,437 Posts
No problems at all with my '14. Very minor idle hammer noise and some timing gear noise that has lessened with mileage. I'd buy it again. Those noises are normal and no mechanical problem, but some have them louder and an annoyance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts